• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Recent Captures - Summer Road Trip Scenes

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
Mom, Dad & I just returned from 6,500+ road trip that permitted my Dad to say he has now seen all 50 of the states, and it was fantastic! Dad had not visited New Hampshire, Maine & Montana so at least the states missing were close together... right? :)

i-CRvnpsn-L.png

Here are a few of my favorite captures from the trip, I kept a running diary of the trip HERE if y'all would like to check it out.

A mill near the Blue Ridge Parkway turn off in the Smokey Mountain N.P.

DSC_6719-L.jpg

DSC_6704-L.jpg

The West Virgina capitol building

DSC_6775-HDR-L.jpg

Niagara Falls, Ontario

DSC_6800-HDR-L.jpg

DSC_6885-L.jpg

DSC_6910-B-L.jpg

Near Boothbay, Maine

DSC_6966-B-L.jpg

Grand Island, NE

i-H2fZG9q-L.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments welcome.

Last edited:
Great pics. Just wish I'd of been more into picture taking during my travels to the Northeast parts of our country. Too many trips without a camera.

I really enjoyed the trip blog comments/observations.... And I think my favorite capture is of the Boothbay Maine boat. Very well done, Sir. :clap:

Duke, thanks for taking us along with you. I really enjoyed reading your blog entries and pics. My absolute favorite is Dad in the hotel room overlooking the falls. Not sure what it is about it, but that pic just sums up the trip. It sounds like y'all had an awesome adventure. :clap:

:clap: always enjoyable. like the Maine boat image.

Niagra is actually the smaller set of falls to the left. Horseshoe Falls is the larger horseshoe shaped fall on the right. Horseshoe Falls is MUCH more impressive...

Thanks everyone. The trip is something that I will cherish for the rest of my years! However, I will add it was good to finally get home!

Kory, the hotel room shot was a 5 image hand held (bracket) and LR's HDR photo merge. 1 click and done.

Kory, the hotel room shot was a 5 image hand held (bracket) and LR's HDR photo merge. 1 click and done.

I thought it had a slight HDR look to it, but I also know you're working with good dynamic range, so that could have been it too. Crazy that you were able to handhold that. :clap:

I need to get on the CC so I can updgrade lightroom. I wouldn't mind playing with a little mild HDR.

Wow! :clap::clap::clap: You've got some postcard shots in there, particularly the Boothbay MN shot. Camera/lens info, please.

Do you remember the name of the hotel in Ontario? We just went there but stayed in the Radison across the street and did not have the views you did.

Beautiful area and the Falls are awe inspiring.

Thanks. We were there on Memorial Day Weekend and the only place with rooms was the Raddison right behind the Marriott. It would be worth it to have the views you did.

Back