• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

To the CBR1000 rider, Kerrville...

Reaction score
White 1000rr, this morning a little before 9, heading south on Hwy 16.

You appeared to be ready for some serious riding; leathers, track boots, no bags or cases, just a small camel back.

In no hurry and rode with easy confidence. Content to stay behind my FedEx van on the way out of town. With the city behind us, I expected you to romp on it and pass me at the first opportunity. But you stayed well back and bided your time. My first stop was on the left, before I approached it, I faded to the right to let you pass. You acknowledged with a wave.

Later, I saw you again in the parking lot of the Lost Maples Gen Store. Looked as tho you were just ready to head out. I tapped my horn but doubt you saw me.

Don't know if you are a TWTer; don't know if you'll see this post, just want to say I enjoyed watching you head out and that I felt more than just a little envious.

Conditions were perfect for some excellent riding. Dry, an overcast morning that would give way to sunshine later. And a weekday morning, early in the week, so the roads were clear of flower-sniffing potato-potatoes.

I'm sure you had an awesome day of riding and I wish you many more!

marlonbrando_rollingeyes.gif

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txta4uThApE"]South Park Mr Mackey mmkay - YouTube[/ame]

Don't know if you are a TWTer; don't know if you'll see this post

Yes and thank you for your kind words and for re-kindeling the memories of a briliant day. The Kerrville area really is IMHO a little slice of heaven, with its gracious and welcoming people, its gorgeous landscape and beautiful roads.

Sorry for not seeing you in Lost Maples and yes conditions were indeed perfect that's why I try to make up from Houston once or twice a month on my days off from the Post Office, besides now that the "Cat is back" the CBR can no longer reside in the living room.

P.S. Btw was it you I chanced to see in Lost Maples on monday riding a ylw/gold DL?

What a wonderful world this could be..................................if we all rode motorcycles.

How very cool! Our TWT rider comunity is becoming larger & larger every week. I wish all the riders in Texas knew about this site. Well...almost all. Lol

How very cool! Our TWT rider comunity is becoming larger & larger every week. I wish all the riders in Texas knew about this site. Well...almost all. Lol

You're right, Donny. I thought the chances of that guy seeing the post were pretty much nil. It was really about seeing a rider out enjoying a fine morning (contrasted with me in my workaday world :-( --and sharing the story with TWT.

:clap:

You never know, huh?

I used to ride with sportbikes sometimes up to Fredericksburg and surrounding areas but very few of them would ride respectfully like that (one reason I stopped riding with them). It was on Tuesdays (they still do the Tuesday rides) and the roads were relatively deserted, very good riding.

Back