• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Montana 2015...

Looks like a great trip. Ya'll covered many of the roads I did a couple years ago. Such a beautiful country!

M38A1 said:
I had no music/no bluetooth, no distractions other than my own thoughts to contend with.

That's my modus operandi also. Feels good to unplug and to have nothing else to do than to not get (too) lost, not run out of gas, and enjoy the world rolling under you.

What a a great looking trip. Awesome pictures and great write up. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Good stuff/

Great write up. I could never think of that many words to say.

It's too bad I don't know everyone on TWT and the other BMW boards... we probably crossed paths several times during our outing. Whew! So many people - so little time!

We did the tourist thing and hit all the hot spots. Went to Sturgis 3 weeks early and it was already hopping. Most of the beer tents were already open. Later saw banners that said the 75 "Days" of Sturgis.

Again, great photos!

Attachments

• 2015 MT 1 (480x640).jpg
    2015 MT 1 (480x640).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 194
  • 2015 MT 2 (640x480).jpg
    2015 MT 2 (640x480).jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 2015 MT 3 (640x480).jpg
    2015 MT 3 (640x480).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 192
  • 2015 MT  4 (640x480).jpg
    2015 MT 4 (640x480).jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 190
Thank you everyone for the kind words..... They mean a lot to me.

Having been back a day over a week now, I've spent the entire time doing meaningless demo work in my sisters house. As in full-gut of the structure. Although I may have to think three steps ahead on the demo, the trip has always been in the background of my daily mind wanderings. Some real emotional swings for sure. Yet I couldn't have asked for a better group of forum members to ride with and experience what this trip had to offer.

My buddy in Fairplay where I stayed a couple days said they had their first snow two days ago. Like the seasons that come and go, so does life.

Scott, if you are up for another motorbike ride; I leave out in a few weeks to head to the Black Hills with two good buddies. Wanna go?

Awesome report. Thanks for the company at lunch today and the suggestion to read it. Maybe one of these days I can get away for one of these, looks like a great group of folks to travel with.

Here I am just about to enter the "Sun Road" at Glacier National Park before going venturing into Canada. The the park rangers just said a second fire has started in the area.

:giveup:

However, the park and the entire loop for MCL will be open tomorrow starting 9:00 in the morning....cough, cough, I will make it.

Kalispell will be well into the 90s tomorrow. I should feel right at home.

:lol2:

RB

Scott, if you are up for another motorbike ride; I leave out in a few weeks to head to the Black Hills with two good buddies. Wanna go?

Shoot me a PM on the details..... I'd be interested but have a schedule conflict possibly first part of September. :rider:

Justin has been commenting on Facebook. He thinks he knows where it is. He might chime in.

I saw that image on the news. The massive chasm is shocking! Could it be a enormous sinkhole?

RB

40 miles South of Ten Sleep is the area.... So I'm guessing it hasn't affected the brewpub. :chug:

40 miles South of Ten Sleep is the area.... So I'm guessing it hasn't affected the brewpub. :chug:

Maybe it will bring in customers :ponder:

"Come see the great crack and drink a beer!"

I really enjoyed your posting. Many of the photos brought back memories from my Davis Brothers' Trips we took though the 1990's. We stood in the very same spot in 1995 on our Ride to Yellowstone. Flaming Gore Reservoir and the Tetons.
I sent my Brothers a link to enjoy your photos, too.

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 195
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 206
Excellent trip, very nice pics. Wish I was along for the ride, I feel the pull of the road now more then ever. I can see Ten Sleep in the very near future.

Back