• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Vintage MX day at Rio Bravo

GSer

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Last Sunday my wife and I went to the vintage races at the Rio Bravo MX track on the east side of Houston. We had a great time! It was fun seeing all of the old bikes racing and also in the show. The gray 1974 Honda XR75 is exactly like my first bike! It was a friendly group of people having fun and I am looking forward to going to other events there. Yep, I am already looking for a bike to ride out there. :lol2:

More photos here: https://rstallones.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Rio-Bravo-November-2015/

IMG_3302-L.jpg

IMG_3226-L.jpg

IMG_3231-L.jpg

IMG_3298-L.jpg

IMG_3225-L.jpg

IMG_3236-L.jpg

IMG_3217-L.jpg

i-WxHGW6h-L.jpg

IMG_3219-L.jpg

IMG_3308-L.jpg

IMG_3304-L.jpg

How about that young girl riding in the Marty Tripes 100cc challenge. Eighteen years old and absolutely flying on her two stroke! Her name is Kaitlyn Morrow and she is fast!

How about that young girl riding in the Marty Tripes 100cc challenge. Eighteen years old and absolutely flying on her two stroke! Her name is Kaitlyn Morrow and she is fast!
She is truly amazing. I saw her race quite a bit a couple years back. Only 15-16 yrs old at the time riding a YZ250 and she was faster than all but 2 or 3 of the older boys racing 450's in A class.

_

Awesome pictures! I wanted to go but it was TORCS w/e also. Funny, those bikes look better than they did when new! Love that Honda trials bike.

Sweet motorcycles.....I missed out. Would have loved to see those.
By chance was there a Hodaka SuperRat there ?

I remember seeing a Hodaka, but I don't know which model it was. There were many bikes under tents next to the campers. Some were being ridden, and some were for sale.

Sweet motorcycles.....I missed out. Would have loved to see those.
By chance was there a Hodaka SuperRat there ?

Yes, it is. We visited with him for a minute, and he is a very nice guy.

I've had the pleasure of working with him & agree that a nicer person (or more enthusiastic rider) would be hard to find. He offered me a ride on his tricked out Monster but I took one look at the gravel strewn parking lot we were standing in & gracefully declined!

I remember seeing a Hodaka, but I don't know which model it was. There were many bikes under tents next to the campers. Some were being ridden, and some were for sale.

Nice ! That bike was a mean machine back in the day. Loud too. I was too small to touch the pegs on the super rat but I had a Honda mini trail 50 trying to keep up with my buddy on his super rat 100

Very nice photos --- thank you for sharing --- I love Rio ... Danny the new owner runs an awesome place for all kinds of MX / dirt / trials / trail riding.

Back