• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Quest - NW Arkansas May 23-24, 2009

Unless your bike can fly, your lower body is going to get wet on some of these water crossings, especially if there has been rain recently ;-) However, so long as it is not cold, being wet is not that big of a deal. Now when we were in Clayton, Ok., and it was like 15 degrees the first morning... :eek2:

Does anyone have a copy of the GPS route files that follow the actual roads a little more closely than Richard's files?

Does anyone have a copy of the GPS route files that follow the actual roads a little more closely than Richard's files?

Scott,

I'm relying much more on the paper map than the GPS for this ride because a number of the forest service roads on the forest service map are not on City Navigator. For that reason I recommend navigate mostly via paper map and using the GPS mostly to verify location. My apologies - I don't trust my ability to plot an accurate cross-country route on the GPS.

Scott,

I'm relying much more on the paper map than the GPS for this ride because a number of the forest service roads on the forest service map are not on City Navigator. For that reason I recommend navigate mostly via paper map and using the GPS mostly to verify location. My apologies - I don't trust my ability to plot an accurate cross-country route on the GPS.

Understood. I use City Select and the Topo Maps. Between the two, I've rarely found a case where one or the other does not show the roads in question. I also carry a spare GPS because of past experience trashing one... :doh: I have a BIG stack of paper maps, but I don't like carrying them with me.

Understood. I use City Select and the Topo Maps. Between the two, I've rarely found a case where one or the other does not show the roads in question.

Good point. I only have City Navigator so if it's doesn't show a road I don't have an alternate GPS map to look at.

Sorry suckers at MotorcycleSuperstore screwed up somehow, long story short the tank I ordered two days ago wasn't shipped.

Canceled order there, ordered it from Justgastanks.com w/ overnight shipping. Ouch.

But, hopefully it'll show. =P

It showed up. Yay me.

2yv4ap5.jpg

Scott, me an John an Terry had fun sure wish we could have rode with you guys on sunday hopefully next time. Joe

Dude, had a great time, thanks to all my new riding buddies(don, john, norbit). Thanks again for the push, I get u lunch anytime.:eat:

Maps! I don't need no stinking maps. I just follow Scott. :trust:

:tab I'm going to have to start hiding until the last group leaves the parking lot then sneak out and latch on to the back of their group... :-P I can't tell you how many times I asked someone, "Which route are you running?" and they responded with, "I just plan to follow you..." :giveup:

:tab I'm going to have to start hiding until the last group leaves the parking lot then sneak out and latch on to the back of their group... :-P I can't tell you how many times I asked someone, "Which route are you running?" and they responded with, "I just plan to follow you..." :giveup:

Now that sounds like a plan. You lead a great ride.

Scott, me an John an Terry had fun sure wish we could have rode with you guys on sunday hopefully next time. Joe

Joe said it well Scott!!!!

and Multisurface, what a heck of a Fun fellow :lol2::lol2::rofl:

Nice to meet the few I had the pleasure of talking to, nice of Mulitisurface and Kenny to lend tools and be human jacks to help with my trailer tire, Joe's flat tire, my starter issues, etc.

Dinner was tasty, good pizza at Porky's! ;-)

Joe said it well Scott!!!!

and Multisurface, what a heck of a Fun fellow :lol2::lol2::rofl:

Nice to meet the few I had the pleasure of talking to, nice of Mulitisurface and Kenny to lend tools and be human jacks to help with my trailer tire, Joe's flat tire, my starter issues, etc.

Dinner was tasty, good pizza at Porky's! ;-)

We have to do it again Terry, it was good to meet you, John and Joe. You are the Fun one :lol2: and think like me (if I can't have fun, I might as well stay home.)

Until next time, ride safe and have fun.

Back