• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Great Divide Ride: June 10 - 16, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
To date 5 riders have officially registered for the GDR. There is no urgency to register (you have until May 21st to sign up) but if you wait to make hotel reservations you might end up camping instead. If you are even thinking about doing this ride, and don't want to camp, then make hotel reservations now. You can always cancel your reservation. But once the hotels are booked, your options are limited.

MAILED A CHECK TODAY.
LATER TATERS

Jamie Russell... KLR650... Paid... 95% committed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I 100% wanna go. Just I will not know will my work schedule allow me, until late April/early May

Hi all.... JoToPe, dualsportrider, and myself are meeting this Saturday 1/21 at 1pm @ Chuy's in Denton to discuss logistics of the trip. We are still unsure if we are riding from the North Texas area or transporting bikes to some location in NM... Also, we are wanting to nail down a few other items as well... I know there are a few other local folks (Goyco, Simmons1, copb8) that are committed or still debating and you guys are welcome to join if you have the opportunity. If there are more than 5 or so of us meeting we can decide on a more group friendly location to meet...

I am 100% in and live in Southlake. I need to book my hotels this afternoon. I will be out of town this weekend, but keep me in mind for if you guys meet up again. I was planning on just riding out there...might even keep going north a couple days if I can swing it, but that is up in the air right now of course...

Ok DeerSplitter, good to know you are in... And, good to know you u are planning to ride from here.. That can help in our discussions Saturday.. May be enough riding from the area to help us look like a substantial Motorcycle gang in route to NM... lol...

Registered and booked rooms at all of the hotels. They all still have room and have 24 hour cancellation policies, so I can decide on camping later.

I would love to go on this trip. I bought a Honda 650xl just to do it but I am needing a group to ride in. Let me know if your group has room and we can go from there. Thanks!

Jeffechols, do you live here in the North Texas area?

Jeffechols - you can definitely meet up on the way. Dieselriley is in Midland and we had messaged on here about meeting up over there on the way out. It is still a ways out, but I was thinking about stopping in Carlsbad on the way out and maybe even heading down to the border and starting at the Crazy Cook Monument the day before since it is only around 120 miles from there to Silver City and starts at the border if anyone else is interested.

I'm out. My brother has decided to get married during that time.

I'm out. My brother has decided to get married during that time.
Sounds like you need to convince him of a destination wedding..... New Mexico is wonderful in June.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

It's in western NC, it won't be too bad . But it ain't CO.

I would love to go on this trip. I bought a Honda 650xl just to do it but I am needing a group to ride in. Let me know if your group has room and we can go from there. Thanks!

hey jeff i live in midland tx .. i am going you are more than welcome to ride with me..

Hey dieselriley, after the meeting this Saturday in Denton, there will be several of us that hopefully know if we are riding or trailering... I don't want to make any commitments at this time but if we do ride I think it might be fun if all us riding from this general area could determine a town along the route and meet up there to ride the rest of the way together... Just a thought if all of our departure times align..

Hey dieselriley, after the meeting this Saturday in Denton, there will be several of us that hopefully know if we are riding or trailering... I don't want to make any commitments at this time but if we do ride I think it might be fun if all us riding from this general area could determine a town along the route and meet up there to ride the rest of the way together... Just a thought if all of our departure times align..

sounds like a plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back