• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A Great day for PIE! - Fairfield Texas

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
James
IMG_1670-X2.jpg

I had not attended a TWT Pie Run in over a year. I had a rare Saturday off and thought it was a great chance to get back into the PIE routine. Jamie would not be able to attend as she had to take a GT test for school. I don't mind riding solo, but it always feels like something is missing when my pillion is not with me.

IMG_1672-X2.jpg

I hooked up with Rob and we jetted over to the Rockwall TA to meet up with gary & Sheryl. David Jacksin joined us as well. He rode the first hour with us before he broke off to head home to meet his company.

IMG_1673-X2.jpg

It was a fantastic day to ride. I met up with Rob, Gary and Sheryl and we did the long way to Sam's in Fairfield. The morning was almost the perfect temperature for a ride. You know, cool enough, so that you did not sweat to death in your riding gear kind of day. It was fabulous.

IMG_1674-L.jpg

We arrived around 10:40am. There were already some riders kicking tires in the parking lot. We had a great lunch and got to catch up with some people we had not seen in a while. It was great to visit with Scott and his daughter. I can't wait to follow their upcoming Utah - Colorado adventure. I told his daughter I would not post it but she said I could.. so I did. I remember when she was a baby.. I am getting old :giveup:

IMG_1680-X2.jpg

IMG_1681-X2.jpg

IMG_1686-X2.jpg

IMG_1691-X2.jpg

Yes we did eat and the food was very good. The portions were huge! I don't think any of us ate our entire meal. Wait.. check that Rob had the buffet and he did some damage to it.

IMG_1684-X2.jpg

IMG_1685-X2.jpg

Did you think I forgot the pie? No way! It was amazing! I will have to take Jamie there in the near future. We logged 240 miles and I got home around 2:45PM. It was getting warm, but not too bad. It was a very nice day for a ride. I am ready to do it again. Have a great day everyone - Ride Safe!

IMG_1690-X2.jpg

IMG_1693-L.jpg

IMG_1688-X2.jpg

It was a nice day for a pie run. A little drizzle in the morning but nothing to get excited about. Met up with Robin and Steve in Forney and we did a short cross country ride down logging 96 miles on back roads. Got there at 10:30 and there were already a half dozen people there.

Did the Buffet and of course ate to much. I still managed to save room for some buttermilk pie but forgot to take a picture of it. I did take a shot of the bikes in the parking lot as we waddled out to our bikes. I counted 20 total.

We took the long way home going back to Forney by way of Mexia, Hillsboro and Waxahachie hitting as many twisty back roads as we could. 194 more miles of riding in 93 degree sunshine. Most pleasant. Counting the runs from and to the Forney meetup point I totaled 312 miles.

Attachments

• Sam's Pie Run.jpg
    Sam's Pie Run.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 214
It was a great mix of back roads and dirt roads today, 303 miles for me. Thanks to Scott, and his daughter Sarah for leading myself and Rob, Woodsguy around today.

thumbnail_IMG_2361_zpsi6e1qnl6.jpg

We had about two minutes of rain near the end of the day, it lasted until we were all buttoned up and pulled back onto the road :doh: Other than that, the weather was perfect. On the advice of a few old farmers enjoying their morning coffee, we detoured around one dirt road because they had received 11" of rain and there were apparently trees down on the road. The rest of the dirt roads were PERFECT. We had one little mud spot that was easy to go around. The sand was all nicely packed. We did get some dust as we came down around the West side of Madisonville through North Zulch, Iola, and Carlos, but for the most part dust was a non issue. It did get up to 91F and the humidity was insane!!! We had a nice break at Yankees and then took a round about way back to Huntsville. The temp dropped fast as we got near town and closer to a big thunderstorm. The wind got a little crazy for a few minutes as well. Still, a great day of riding. We logged 335 miles. I think that is Sarah's longest day and she did great. It is longer than any day planned for our upcoming trip to Utah and Colorado. Now we just have to wait about two weeks...

Well, no Mint chocolate chip pie! Leon said read the fine print, I couldnt get past the scrumptious picture!
The ride and great folks more than made up for it!
Only 220 miles, but it was wonderful. I was way overdue for a little day of riding!

Was that your GSA down there on the end...?

Very nice!

I almost didn't make this one. My very wise wife convinced me to go for it. What a gorgeous day. It was great to see everyone and put in 360 miles.

It was a great mix of back roads and dirt roads today, 303 miles for me. Thanks to Scott, and his daughter Sarah for leading myself and Rob, Woodsguy around today.

thumbnail_IMG_2361_zpsi6e1qnl6.jpg

Dave and Scott, thanks for letting me tag along! Great ride, good food, and a lot of miles make for a great Saturday! Around 330 miles for me. I was expecting a mudfest on dirt roads, but it wasn't, really got lucky.

Last edited:
We stopped at Yankees for a soda near end of the ride. Was getting hot by this time, not many bikes there today??:rider:

Attachments

• 14102619_10210821809080754_8841822670767836834_n.jpg
    14102619_10210821809080754_8841822670767836834_n.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 185
Back