• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

sept Strudel run to Walburg.

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
ride reports and stories and pics go here!
Wish I could have been there, I liked this place last time.

Pictures to follow, but good turnout. Hung out with the campers for an hour or so then headed home. Three short showers on the way home were just enough to cool me off some. Yes, 25 miles and 3 showers. I'm glad we were going opposite to their direction.

I didn't count heads, but over 30 and less than 40, I'd say.

It was good to meet the regulars. :clap: I forgot to have Streudel though but I was able to feast on the Schenitzel. It was tasty. Jeff S and I joined Rod with Phil and HobbitRider for a goat-path tour around the Salado area. HobbitRider had a memorable experience with a pile of gravel in the middle of the road during a turn unto another county road. His bike sustained minor damage. The rider experienced a sprained ankle but made it home safely.

Jeff S and I rode home and caught a large downdraft of wind and rain but it did cool the air temperature nicely.

:rider:

Happy Trails,

RB

was good meeting you all there, the food was absolutely great, even the strudel without ice cream. I was surprised that this many people showed up I was expectig 10 or so from the responses in the other thread.
Had good conversations over lunch, think I will be joining the mexico ride.

I did about 310 mi total & was pleasantly surprised of the outcome. Always nice to see my friends there & meet some new ones. Thanks Erik "Rainmaker" for meeting me there after a last minute decision this morning.

I got poured on outside of Madisonville & again when the wind gust made me wonder if I should seek shelter coming into Huntsville. Strangely the rainbow kept me moving on & I got home safely.

64958126e2c868c55cec3288a3455f57.jpg

b91aaf9778e46464639621eedeb020cd.jpg

Strudel was good, took one to go for wife. Never ran into shower going East to Thorndale. Huge thunderstorm about 4pm.

Attachments

• 20160924_1212571 walburg pie run.jpg
    20160924_1212571 walburg pie run.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 174
CR 361 near Hare below Grainger Dam on ride home.

Attachments

• 20160924_1425261 walburg pie run.jpg
    20160924_1425261 walburg pie run.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 185
One more. A peaceful cemetery east of Grainger.
Man I need help with posting photos, they look ok till I upload. I'll get GG to help me. I apologize for such poor quality.

Attachments

• 20160924_1407351 Grainger cemetary.jpg
    20160924_1407351 Grainger cemetary.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Yep, my first Pie Run was memorable! Had a great time even though I dropped my bike. Just glad that last weekend's project was installing crash bars!

I am glad you are OK. The very high grass on the turns tends to make it hard to see the gravel lurking in the corners and at the intersections too.

RB

Yes...the skinny roads may not hav much traffic ta deal with.... but they DO hav a very different set of limitations ta consider. We hafta be ever observant of conditions.... (I too hav lapsed into misjudgement at times...not good))))
I'll try ta keep a watch on the conditions as leader & signal any things to watch for. My "hand sweeping the road" (think of the sport curling) signal is for loose surface ...watch it

Fred Bryan & Jeff....& of course Phil glad yall liked the stuff on my pavement platter Saturday
The backroad buffet followed the foody one
Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oh, thank to those that donated stickers for our naked ramp door.

Not done yet, but she is starting to look a little more clothed as Vanna White demonstrates

4ed3f59514a45cade51ad63df557a500.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back