• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Spectacular Weather!!

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab Well the last few days have been simply idyllic, except for the love bugs :x I sure hope the rest of you have been able to take advantage of the cool weather and low humidity. Debbie rode her GS500 down to Kings Cafe and back with me this morning. This is only her second ride out on the road. She has been banned from the mall parking lot :wink: The ride down is a nice relaxing cruise through wooded country side on big sweepers. She is doing very well at holding her lines through curves and looking where she wants to go. She is still getting used to the whole experience of being the one controlling the bike and is a little tense. It actually got downright cold as we got into the woods and in the shade :shock: Round trip was probably 60 miles or so. Before long, she'll reach the first service mark and then I, I mean she, can take the bike out and have some real fun :twisted:

Adios,

Hooray for Debbie! It just gets better, especially when one relaxes the initial death grip on the bars (I'm still working on that periodically, i.e., when I notice I'm still doing it) ;)

:tab Hehe... she was complaining that her right hand was a little sore when we got down there. Now I just have to get her out to ride ride ride!

Adios,

Why don't you set up another newbie day ride. Debbie can get some needed miles and we can all get together and figure how to set my sag on the SV :wink: :roll: Plus watching newer riders helps me to refocus on the basics. :mrgreen:

:tab Between work and existing rides that are already planned, the free weeknds are a little sparse between now and the end of the year.

Forget Christmas, THIS is the "most wonderful time of the year"! :)

I absolutely love riding this time of year! My co-wokers use their vacation time during the summer heat and during the cold drizzle around Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year. I save mine for NOW.

Back