• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The new Versys is here!

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
James
I sold my beloved C-14 today. I purchased a 2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000LT. Got a great deal and lost 150lbs.. lol. Looking forward to some serious touring this summer on the new machine.

image-L.jpg

image-L.jpg

image-L.jpg

image-L.jpg

Sweet, I had a 2009 Versys 650 and loved that bike. Kept waiting for the to bring the V1000 to the states. Gave up last January and got a nice FJR but i see the new V in my garage in the near future.

Did you get the saddle bags and top cases? Wonderful color selection also,really a good looking bike.

Let the farkeling commence. Nice ride. Kawi should sell a bunch of those. 1st trip report is needed soon.

I sold my beloved C-14 today. I purchased a 2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000LT. Got a great deal and lost 150lbs.. lol

...The Connie was a great bike but I was ready for a lighter ride.

I've never thought of the Concours as a heavy bike. So thinking this new Versys was light I pulled up Kawasaki website and found out it was 550 lbs. curb. Then checked and yup the Connie comes in at 690 lbs curb. Never would have guessed that one. FJR is 637 lbs but the ST is 730 lbs, even heavier. Looks like most of the sport tourers have outgrown the sport name.

_

Back