• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

almost 1000 miles on my new versys

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
James
Jamie and I are sorry we missed the meet n greet in McGregor this past weekend. We had planned to attend, but then over slept. Yes I know it was a weak excuse... but it happened. We did get a few miles on the bike this past weekend.

I have done almost 1000 miles on the new Versys and I have one word to describe my thoughts to this point.

WOW!

IMG_1569-L.jpg

It is such a great machine. It rides like a dream. Will haul *** when needed, handles great and does the two up thing with ease.

Jamie and I have taken it out twice and logged a couple of 200+ mile days and it is awesome. I really like the light weight, good suspension and terrific motor. She seems to be very happy and has plenty of room in the pillion seat.

IMG_1573-L.jpg

IMG_1562-L.jpg

We are looking forward to getting the top case and having just a little more space for things. Jamie used the side bags to store her helmet all weekend and it worked out well. I wear an XL and it is a tight fit. I have a new lid so I don't want to scratch it so have not been using my side bag for storage.

IMG_1575-L.jpg

I am getting some electrical things installed this Friday. I will be adding my GPS (Zumo 660) and our heated gear to a fuse block. I am headed down to the Texas Hill country on a 3 day trip the last weekend of the month, so I want to have everything wired.

IMG_1571-L.jpg

Went to a Tech day for our local BMW club here on Saturday. The Versys was the talk of the day. Everyone loved the look of the bike. I have to say that I loved my C-14 but I am so glad I made this move. I have not been this happy with a motorcycle in a long long time. Makes me want to ride everyday..

IMG_1499-L.jpg

IMG_1498-L.jpg

Till next time. Ride safe everyone!

IMG_1572-L.jpg

Looks good in a natural setting, I really loved the weight loss enjoyment factor going to a V650. The big ICBM SST bikes are great for eating miles and passing fast but losing 150 lbs. brings a grin back.

I got a chance to see and take a seat on the Versys at the IMS, really liked it. For me it'll come down to the Versys or the V-Strom 1000 in a couple years, it helps to read your ride report. Looking forward to reading one about your Hill Country Versys experience.

I would be curious to know how the new Versys does relative to your former ride (the C14) regarding wind management? Is there any buffeting or wind noise that might be severe enough to cause fatigue on long days while riding into a strong headwind?

For me, almost every time I head west into NM or AZ, I go experience fierce headwinds....large aftermarket screens usually resolve the issue.

RB

Back