• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A pig, a bear and a boat

GSer

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Today I had a great ride with my friends Chip and Matt. We all met in Waller and then rode back-roads around Sealy, Bellville and Fayetteville. We stopped for a break under the 1458 road bridge going over the muddy Brazos river. While we were parking we noticed the rotting carcass of a hairy wild pig. It was nasty and smelled really bad, so we made sure that we parked close to it in order to appreciate the smells of nature. Then we walked down to the river and much to our surprise we saw a bear behind one of the bridge supports. I quickly got a photo of it and we kept walking, careful to not look directly into its eyes, which I heard is a sign of aggression. We didn't want any trouble today. When we got down by the river we noticed a boat, but there wasn't anyone around. Even though the boat could have used some maintenance, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity for a free boat ride so I tried it out. I left home at 7:30 and got back home at 3:30. It was a fantastic day riding with good friends. :rider:

Notice the rotting pig mess on the left, behind the bikes.
i-ms6Tkkf-L.jpg

Chip and Matt
i-3fnJXKR-L.jpg

Down by the river...
i-SjkWhNV-L.jpg

The bear that surprised us!
i-GhQNpp4-L.jpg

The unattended boat.
i-r9bSz65-L.jpg

Me trying out the boat.
i-MntBxhk-L.jpg

Stopping for lunch at Orsak's in Fayetteville.
i-Qqtndm3-L.jpg

I'm sure glad Matt was there to chaperone you guys. But where was your life preserver for the boat?

Matt does his best to keep me from doing something really dumb. :lol2: I just figured that the foam pads in my riding suit would keep me afloat.

I'm sure glad Matt was there to chaperone you guys. But where was your life preserver for the boat?

Glad you cleared all that up. :mrgreen:
was trying to figure out which bike was the pig, which one the boat, and which one the bear. :lol2:

Aw crum. I thought this was going to be one of those riddles about how to get the pig and the bear to cross the river without.... oh, never mind.

Back