• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ron's Catfish Fry #9, Feb 21, 2015

Re: Fish Fry # 9 Iffn ya got the time

Who brought the motorhome? Wait, that's a Goldwing.

At the risk of sidetracking this thread, but in defense of the Hondabago, Dale's Goldwing (known as the mothership) is an '07 with 121k miles on the clock. (Dale's riding pace has been off the past couple of years.) Besides the US miles, it's made numerous trips to Mexico as Dale is my most consistent wingman.

The day after the fishfry (once again, Thanks Ron!), we were in La Gloria to watch the bullfights, making a 650 mile weekend for the mothership.

DSCN4159.jpg

La%2BGloria%2BBullfights%2B02-15%2B-%2B3.jpg

In case you're wondering, they are no-kill bullfights. The sword is an aluminum prop.

Meanwhile, back in Corpus, Dale is now wondering if he can install a slide-out on the bike.

Ah, my Honor has been defended! There used to be a slogan that went something like this," It doesn't matter what you ride, as long a you ride". Those were the good ole days! All kidding aside, I had a great time and would like to thank all who had a part, especially our gracious host.

Re: Fish Fry # 9 Iffn ya got the time

In case you're wondering, they are no-kill bullfights. The sword is an aluminum prop.

Thanks, actually i was wondering.

At the risk of further hi-jacking this thread....

Your pic of the ring took me back to my Okinawa days, to something I had forgotten about.

In Okinawa, they have bull fights too. But the bulls fight each other. Like sumo wrestling. They push and shove each other until one is pushed out of a ring chalked in the sand.

Each bull has a handler right beside him, urging and encouraging him on.

It was very entertaining.

:rider:

Back