• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

This Could Be Your Last Ride

cheez

Reaction score
I thought this was a moving, well put together piece that was worth the watch. I've also lost several friends to motorcycle accidents over the years and could feel the pain in his voice when he talks about the fallen.

Do what you love even if it may kill you. Life is short, make it count.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/119245353"]This Could Be Your Last Ride on Vimeo[/ame]

Thank you for posting this.
A great reminder to self to always go 'ATGATT" even when just "testing" the bike's track readiness even in my own cole de sak.

Necessary I suppose, but what a downer! I believe most sane people understand the issue. Perhaps younger people need this but doubtful it will reach many or they will hear it. Recognize the risks and ride accordingly, but dumb can't be fixed.

A friend of mine wrote this after her friend was killed while they were on a ride. Her words resonate with me.

"We all have found in riding something that feeds our soul. There can be no
question of giving up something that is indispensable to us. The possible
sudden end is a reminder to make everyday count, be conscious of the wonder and the beauty, the richness of live. Carpe diem"

A friend of mine wrote this after her friend was killed while they were on a ride. Her words resonate with me.

"We all have found in riding something that feeds our soul. There can be no
question of giving up something that is indispensable to us. The possible
sudden end is a reminder to make everyday count, be conscious of the wonder and the beauty, the richness of live. Carpe diem"

She have a name, as I read truth in those words.

Quite a moving video. I think we don't get to pick our obsessions - they choose us.

Chills, literally. Great video thanks for sharing!

Winterizing is wearing a jacket!
"It's Always Riding Season!"

I saved it and am going to show it at the next unit motorcycle meeting we have.

Back