• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1979 Z50r first ride..sorta

Aspear

Reaction score
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Hastings
So today I finally got to take my 7 month old son for a ride on his bike.

Spent all day yesterday slapping it together.

The bike is a 79 z50r as the title says. Still needs some work. New carb is on its way. Just trying to get it in good running order. Then next year im going to blast and paint it a retro honda white and red
0e570e093c1fc97d3497ff52f68b388d.jpg

My wife also rode by herself for the first time in her life. She's riden atvs and ben my pillon for the last 5 years. But now she can ride herself!

e4a1daa0810f8beb68c8f4b8855bd3c3.jpg

d00f8e67bf4ccd32a16fd486bc2954ec.jpg

3714790038e3b420448e847e3e129a32.jpg

Winterizing is wearing a jacket!
"It's Always Riding Season!"

That's how memories are made.

My boys are 20 and 23 and both have moved away from home now. One to University and one to Canada. In the months preceding them leaving, we spent a lot of time together and the odd brew or spirit was imbibed. During the conversations we had, they brought up all these old stories of motorcycle riding together and how much they enjoyed it.

I had forgotten some of the stuff, and to be honest some times it was a bit of a chore loading bikes and gear on and off Utes and trailers in the heat. But the memories we have now are irreplaceable. And you can't wind time back.

We are planning to ride again in a few months. I can't wait.

Sorry if this is a sort of a thread hijack, your pics triggered a memory. :)

My boys are 20 and 23 and both have moved away from home now. One to University and one to Canada. In the months preceding them leaving, we spent a lot of time together and the odd brew or spirit was imbibed. During the conversations we had, they brought up all these old stories of motorcycle riding together and how much they enjoyed it.

I had forgotten some of the stuff, and to be honest some times it was a bit of a chore loading bikes and gear on and off Utes and trailers in the heat. But the memories we have now are irreplaceable. And you can't wind time back.

No need to apologize!
He gets upset when we stop riding now or restless when im getting the bike ready. Very stoked.

Winterizing is wearing a jacket!
"It's Always Riding Season!"

Outstanding! Riding with my dad is what put the fire in me. Great times, enjoy!

That right there is what it is all about :thumb: I try to keep that in mind when I am the one loading all the bikes and gear while the kids are running around goofing off.

Saikhan, I look forward to your next ride report ;-)

Back