• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

record one day mileage for me on a DRZ

Reaction score
First Name
Dennie
Last Name
Spears
I just got back from my 35th trip to Colorado. I rode my DRZ 400 from Clayton, NM to Bryan TX last Saturday, a distance of 645 miles. Colorado with family and friends was awesome, but it sure is nice to be home.

After owing three DRZ 400's I would say that was some trip. I can see why you are glad to be home. Keep this in mind, U-Haul does rent motorcycle trailers. Just had to razz you some for that long ride, I don't think I could do 645 miles on a DRZ anymore at 71, glad you can. :-P

trainman

I'd rather do a Bun Burner on my Wee (and I haven't even done a Saddle Sore yet). God Bless you Sir. :hail:

After owing three DRZ 400's I would say that was some trip. I can see why you are glad to be home. Keep this in mind, U-Haul does rent motorcycle trailers. Just had to razz you some for that long ride, I don't think I could do 645 miles on a DRZ anymore at 71, glad you can. :-P

trainman

I do own 2 trailers and a Chevy Colorado. I guess I'm too lazy to load and unload. If another rider had gone, I might have loaded. If you're 71 then I have 3 more years to beat 645.

Hagerman pass Friday
IMG_9857_zpsfq108qx4.jpg

Saturday afternoon
IMG_9929_zpsbzcsz5iy.jpg

Judging by the shadow, the second picture was taken while it was still AM.

Just curious, what gearing and what speed did you cruise at? After 30 minutes on my DRZ, either my butt or back would be screaming. I'm impressed with your stamina.

Stock rear with a +1 front, 16 tooth. I did Cinnamon Pass, Hagerman Pass, Cumberland Pass and Waunita Pass. My mistake for not bringing a 14T for the rough stuff, especially Cinnamon in the rain and Hagerman in intermittent rain.
Highway cruising was 70 to 74 indicated. Mile markers over a 20 mile span said my speedo was 4% off so probably around 70 average.

Aftermarket seat and extended range tank? I did a longish day on a stock DRZ but not anywhere near that. I've also done similar ride at the end of a trip on my FJR which was a breeze but can't imagine all those miles and gas stops without some goodies to make it easier. I say easier, not easy. Still one heck of an accomplishment and a testament to the versatility of those bikes.

Nice, I have that seat on my DRZ Supermoto and like it a lot. Also got to borrow a Clark tank recently and it's on the want list for sure.

Back