• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arkansas Fall Colors Ride - Mountain View Arkansas.

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
James
Jamie and I had a great weekend in Arkansas. I did a ride report with lots of pictures. You can read it here on our blog:
http://www.motoadrenaline.net/2014/11/lsbmw-fall-colors-ride-mountain-view.html

Here are some highlights;
Photo%20Oct%2030%2C%204%2048%2009%20PM%20%281%29-L.jpg

Photo%20Oct%2031%2C%208%2030%2033%20AM%20%281%29-L.jpg

Photo%20Oct%2031%2C%2012%2055%2003%20PM-L.jpg

Photo%20Nov%2001%2C%2011%2024%2021%20AM-L.jpg

Photo%20Oct%2030%2C%208%2034%2046%20AM-L.jpg

Well, at least you got more fall color than I did 2 weeks ago in Talihena. Nice pix. Thanks for posting.

When you luck out and hit the timing right, Arkansas is as beautiful as any place in the US for fall colors. Neat to have great friends up there to clue you in on when. ;-)

Arkansas is great. This year didn't seem quite as colorful as some in the past, maybe I got there late.

Love me some Ozarks in the fall. Take a trip every year up there based on the foliage report. 2014 trip was mixed up. Beginning of the trip was mostly green with some brown but towards the end, the color started popping out. In any case, the roads were stellar as always. :rider:

I have a good friend living 9 miles south of Mt. View on 9, down a county road that is building a Motorcycle campground with facilities. He was coming along nice last time I road up there on my KLR to visit and roam in May of 2013.
I also , love me some Arkansas and when you can catch the colors right, rival anywhere I've been to in the US.
Thanks for posting

Your friend a tall blond fellow that'll talk your leg off?

Oh yes, called him Gabby. ha ha ha ha .Met him many years ago at the Wilderness Rally that use to be held by the Memphis BMW Club ( RAMS ) at the Spring Creek assess to the Buffalo R near Harriet.

I ran into him at that little motorcycle shop that was on Main in Mountain View. Talked to me like he knew me for ever, nice fellow. Didn't think I was going to get away from him. :lol2:

Have his card somewhere.

Back