• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Red Brown and I rode from the Basin to Presidio today while he is in Big Bend on his Wing.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Was out there last Tuesday; twas beautiful. Just passing through :rider: Spent two night in Ft. Davis and rode the loop to Presidio, Study Butte, Alpine and back to Ft. Davis.

Was out there last Tuesday; twas beautiful. Just passing through :rider: Spent two night in Ft. Davis and rode the loop to Presidio, Study Butte, Alpine and back to Ft. Davis.

We must've zoomed right by you. Was also out there Tuesday. Rode straight down Monday to the lodge for a cold beer. Toured park and Ft Davis/Loop Tuesday and rode home to DFW Wednesday.
(these two bikes were parked in front of the Limpia)
Longest December trip in a while. :clap:

Attachments

• bb 7.jpg
    bb 7.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 196
  • bb 8.jpg
    bb 8.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 225
  • bb 6 (800x600).jpg
    bb 6 (800x600).jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 206
Red Brown and I rode from the Basin to Presidio today while he is in Big Bend on his Wing.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

That was a good day! I took this on the way back to the lodge after our we rode.

RB

wing-chisos-mountains-2014.jpg

A project I've been doing for the past 3 years, is riding most all the roads in my parish and surrounding parishes. About 90% of this has been done on my 00 KLR and the rest on my 07 Bandit 1250S. As I got out of my parish, Jeff Davis, I did start stacking up the miles just getting to roads I had not been on. What's so great about this project is seeing things you never knew about so close to home.
I use a Garmin 276C for the most part, and, download the track files on each ride to Mapsource to keep a record of where I've been and not been. Most of the last months have been Vermillion Parish and I'm now having to run right at 35 miles just to get to the new territory.
A very fun project for sure.
Jeff Davis Parish
JeffDavis.jpg

And the track files for Jeff Davis sadly lost a few track files for the north west part.
1JeffDavis.jpg

Then, my next door neighbor , Acadia Parish. I lost a lot of track files for this parish on a computer crash.
Acadia.jpg

And the track files for it. Lots to do yet here.
3Acadia.jpg

And then , Vermillion Parish, a very large parish that goes all the way to the gulf.
Vermillion.jpg

And what I've done in it at of last Sunday the 14th
2Vermillion.jpg

With the bright red being my Sunday ride.

One more ride squeezed in before the end of the year. Pelican's Landing on the Texas side of Lake Texoma. Never been there before and enjoyed it immensely. Bacon, biscuits n' gravy were wonderful for a restaurant. They also had a bacon/egg frittata that was wonder-some.
Good destination ride just East of 377 near Cedar Mills.

Attachments

• Pelican 4 (800x600).jpg
    Pelican 4 (800x600).jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 212
  • Pelican 2 (800x600).jpg
    Pelican 2 (800x600).jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 210
  • Pelican 3 (800x600).jpg
    Pelican 3 (800x600).jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 218
  • Pelican 5 (800x600) (800x600).jpg
    Pelican 5 (800x600) (800x600).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 212
  • Pelican 1 (800x600).jpg
    Pelican 1 (800x600).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 204
So I guess it's appropriate to post videos of day rides in this thread? Because as some of you may know, I have a ton of them.

:mrgreen:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c44DTuXGcl8"]Tim's Motovlog #36: All About Googie • Hugged By A Homeless Guy - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtmNzAP_mc0"]Tim's Motovlog #35: A Ride to the Buck Horn • Ducati 1198S - YouTube[/ame]

Grrrrrr..... deep snow.... temp in single digits or below.... I need a snow bike....

Grrrrrr..... deep snow.... temp in single digits or below.... I need a snow bike....

Is it because your ride is cold natured or a tire choice? I've seen plenty of snow ride videos....

How's the brew pub?

From one of the last San Diego Adventure Riders events I went to. TONS of off road riding available out here in SOCAL.

10659344_10204944960929890_3840020644942727029_n.jpg

So I guess it's appropriate to post videos of day rides in this thread? Because as some of you may know, I have a ton of them.

:mrgreen:

Tim's Motovlog #36: All About Googie • Hugged By A Homeless Guy - YouTube

Tim's Motovlog #35: A Ride to the Buck Horn • Ducati 1198S - YouTube

Tim, I really liked your videos. Let's just say they bring back memories. In your first video, the oddly shaped sign on the corner of 8th and Maple, was originally Milam's Toy Land back in the 60's, then it was Cloth World late 60's through most of the 70s.

In your second video, (if that was Rodger), it was cool to see he still does wheelies...

Last edited:
No pics or fancy maps, but a great 130 miles today with the weather being so awesome. Left San Antonio to Bandera, 173 to Elm Pass Rd (really nice out there) which brings you into Center Point. Right on 27 to Comfort. Stopped at a gas station and noticed a sweet brand new Yamaha FJ-09. Was lucky enough to strike up a conversation with the owner and TWT member (didn't get his screen name). We ended up talking for I think almost an hour. Great conversation about motorcycles and ended finding out we live about 5 miles from each other! Mr. Martinez, if you read this please PM me I cannot find you on FB.

Anyway, left comfort on 473 and met up with 1376 back to Boerne, then Scenic Loop back home. Nothing special just a route I found that I have never done (excluding 173 and SL). Really beautiful ride and a great way to blow off a few hours.

* Horny Toad Bar and Grill *

The proverbial "If you don't like the weather in Texas, just wait a few minutes and it will change" happened again. After a week of ice storm threats it turned out to be near 70 over the weekend. In January - Sweet!
Time for a 100 mile burger run. The Horny Toad in Cranfills Gap is just far enough outside of DFW to really feel like you're out in the country. Let's go see how 'dem cowboys live. Quick post on the net resulted in about a dozen bikes craving a burger on the jalapeno cheddar cheese bun! :eat:

A buzz thru Mansfield and Venus on FM157, 916 to visit Maypearl and Grandview and some jigging around, led us down 309 to Hillsboro. Across Lake Whitney dam and the loop down to Clifton on 916 lead us to Cranfills Gap... just about 100 miles from the meet up spot. Perfect.

So were the burgers, friends and the day. I'll take more please. :sun:

Johnny Kresena photos

Attachments

• ht 1 (800x533).jpg
    ht 1 (800x533).jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 203
  • ht 7 (800x533).jpg
    ht 7 (800x533).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 211
  • ht 5.jpg
    ht 5.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 206
  • ht 3 (800x533).jpg
    ht 3 (800x533).jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 205
  • ht 2 (800x533).jpg
    ht 2 (800x533).jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 209
Tim, I really liked your videos. Let's just say they bring back memories. In your first video, the oddly shaped sign on the corner of 8th and Maple, was originally Milam's Toy Land back in the 60's, then it was Cloth World late 60's through most of the 70s.

In your second video, (if that was Rodger), it was cool to see he still does wheelies...

Awe, that's great to hear. I love when people who used to live out here see these vids and it makes them nostalgic. And yes, that's Rodger –– still doing wheelies and still bicycling over 200 miles per week, in his mid-60s. The guy is an inspiration. :)

Wherever the road leads...

Being tied up this morning negated my ability to join in the fun on the February Meet n Greet n eat with A Side Of Ride. Refusing to be denied the opportunity to enjoy one of the prettiest days we've had in some time, I hoped on the GS and just rode aimlessly to see where I would wind up; no plan, no where to be, and no specific time to return. Just me, the bike, the road and some beautiful weather. :rider:

So off I went. I just headed out, turned onto the smallest roads I could find to see where they led and what there was to see. Not too far into the trip I found a few old cars in a field waiting to be rescued and restored. Figured I'd grab a few shots, so I pulled over and pulled the P&S camera out only to find it had dead batteries. :doh: Note to self; need to go back there.

Pressing on I found the typical farms, pastures, barns of yesteryear, work shops and other "decorations" that you typically see in a rural area. Lots and lots on bikes on the road! My left arm became tired from waving to all of them as we passed by each other.

Crisscrossing the countryside I wound my way into Mineral Wells. Saw lots of interesting things along the way. It wasn't until I was at the Vietnam War Memorial that I remembered that my phone has a camera. :headbang: Okay, so this wasn't planned and just was an aimless ride to see where I'd end up. No harm, no foul.

photo%201_zpsbtcffl6h.jpg

National Vietnam War Memorial

A side note: The Vietnam War Memorial is very well done. I didn't spend a great deal of time there, but this a place that I will certainly return to in the future. From the bits I saw, I would recommend a visit.

photo_zpsbtrxkxxp.jpg

Mineral Wells State Park

In Mineral Wells, I stopped for fuel and a drink, and discovered a missed call. As it turns out, Mini-me has decided to act like his dad (me :mrgreen:). Mrs. DT has all she can handle and requested my timely return so that I can "administer an attitude adjustment". :pound: Since she almost always allows me to do things such as this ride, I can sacrifice my remaining time and head back to help her out (read: give her a break). Besides, this woman knows where I sleep. :duck:

photo%202_zpsgxbxt6b1.jpg

Parker County Courthouse

As much as I was enjoying myself, I reluctantly made a straight shot back to the house. Sometimes keeping the peace erodes the fun factor. Even though this ride was cut short from what it would have been :shrug:, it was certainly enjoyable to get out there and just enjoy the day. Odo says I covered about 180 miles.

Now I need to go see how Mini-me is coming with his punishment chores. :trust:

Thank you for enlightening me about the National Vietnam Museum. Did not know it was in Texas.

Didn't know about the Nam Memorial either. Been to Fredericksburg and Port Arthur ones though. I like doing the PA one about once a year to see what's new and plus , it's on one of my fav ride abouts.

Back