• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Please pray for Chuck "CeeBee" Blair

I never personally met him, but I enjoyed his dual-sport reports and stories. I know many of the TWTEX family were touched by him in many ways.

My prayers and thoughts are with his family and friends.

Regards,

Fred

Man you guys are killin me here... stuff in my eyes and something in my throat. I think what says a lot, maybe all, about a person is what people say when they pass. By the measure of folks on here, who I have the highest opinion of, he was a heck of a guy.

My contribution to the memories. Tula, 2015.
This pretty much says it all.
By the way, I'm kinda pissed at Chuck. For leavin' us this way.

150523_045-XL.jpg

Chuck went quickly doing something he loved. We should all be so blessed.

He touched the lives of good people who feel they are better for having known him. What better eulogy can be professed of one's life?

Friends, celebrate a life well lived.

Last edited:
Oh my, I just found this thread. I did not know about this until today. This is very sobering news.

I went to Galeana with him, Rich, Milton, JT, Scott and a few more a few years ago. Chuck was very likeable. He gave me a nickname on that trip which I never understood, but he made me laugh. He called me, "Hollywood".

As usual we had our share of breakdowns. Chuck was the man who could fix any bike problem. And he was so patient. And he did fix a lot of bikes on that trip. Scott's KTM had an unusual electrical problem. Chuck located the problem, he found a creative solution, and we were back on the road. I was very impressed by him.

I thought, "man, if I ever come back to Mexico, I want Chuck Blair with me!"

Tricepilot: great words above. Scott: thanks for sharing the above pics....

Tawnya Blair and family: our deepest sympathy for the loss of a wonderful man.

I collected $100 in donations after Uncle's this year for the Starlight Theater, but the owner Lisa said not to send. Been sitting in my paypal account. I think it is fitting to send this donation in Chuck's memory to Tawnya. Godspeed Chuck. You will be missed.

I collected $100 in donations after Uncle's this year for the Starlight Theater, but the owner Lisa said not to send. Been sitting in my paypal account. I think it is fitting to send this donation in Chuck's memory to Tawnya. Godspeed Chuck. You will be missed.

Approved.

Great idea!

Tawnya asked that donations be made to this organization, which Chuck supported,

http://www.nbt.org/LIVE.html

A group of us went to Copper Canyon in 2005. When they all could not go to Costa Rica in 2007, posted on TWT for additional riders to join us. This guy CeeBee answered. I did not know if he was a good rider or what, so I ask a lot of question. He went with and turned out to be a good rider and a good friend.

Below are random pictures of Chuck from our Costa Rica trip.

26666319401_2d953b7fe6_z.jpg

26706593666_6147fb3ae1_z.jpg

Night out

26666319851_f73581e93f_z.jpg

StingRay, He found a whole fish.

26706593266_3e30499982_z.jpg

26706592796_69107134d7_z.jpg

26126107934_4112da8af5_z.jpg

26126107314_4637df2691_z.jpg

Breakfast day one.

26706591746_03c93ce959_z.jpg

26126106834_ae769d39d3_z.jpg

26706591396_e09dc55d8f_z.jpg

26126106454_739cd230e5_z.jpg

26666317511_5b4a8bb5cf_z.jpg

26666320201_f50317bdc3_b.jpg

26126106044_7322b1543c_b.jpg

26706588386_3f43904870_b.jpg

26666313221_ab7cf2dcf0_b.jpg

26706583276_9b6f69f602_z.jpg

26666311061_ffd46db878_z.jpg

26706582936_35f7e3ab9a_z.jpg

26706582426_08cc75b0b8_z.jpg

26666310091_b9ef896e94_z.jpg

26706581746_536e9418f9_z.jpg

26666309691_ae90232d0e_z.jpg

26126095334_e90c896120_z.jpg

26666309461_dcd8da89f3_z.jpg

26639295662_07e49747f1_z.jpg

26666309141_6de0a0c54f_z.jpg

26639295282_3e29b94de9_z.jpg

26706580106_0eb189f5a4_z.jpg

26666308271_45c1b123b3_z.jpg

26706579666_5199ddafc6_z.jpg

26666307621_e9c1fa64bd_z.jpg

26706579046_db0cb2e000_z.jpg

26126092374_d5de590ffb_z.jpg

26666308771_1c57bc7a86_z.jpg

Sunday April 17, 2016 my friend Chuck Blair "CeeBee" Left to ride at greater heights forever. R.I.P. CeeBee.

He spoke of you guys so often I felt I knew you. I love this thread, the stories I had already heard, right here in print. Thanks for remembering the best of him.

Re: In Memoriam

I'm going to send this to a professional printer, and have it mounted. I'm going to place this memory of Chuck, as I remember him here, on a wall next to my bikes. And I will think of him whenever I throw a leg over the saddle.

I cannot express in words how profoundly this man impacted my life. He had a quality about him that was almost reverent.

Do you all remember the scene in Saving Private Ryan, when the "old" Private Ryan at the cemetery asked his wife to reassure him he lived a life as a good man. She gave him that reassurance.

Chuck was a good man. In the ways the definition a "good man" is often lost these days.

I cannot get my head around the fact he is no longer here to talk to.

If you have buds here on twtex.com or elsewhere, where you share your passion for moto travel and everything else, just remember, you and they will transition some day.

What a gift his life meant. Love you, Chuck.

Bob, he loved what you brought to the group, always got a light in his eyes when talking about you. He liked and respected you, it made his trip when you came along. You should write a book though, you have an incredible way of saying things.

Just wanted to add a few picts of Chuck. Sure had a great time riding with him throughout the years. He really was a great guy, I'm going to miss him.

We spent three weeks together last October riding around Mexico. He had heard of a cool town on the southern coast of Mexico that he wanted to check out, so we did.

Hanging at our palapa in Mazunta
IMG_1829-M.jpg

Chilling at the beach smoking a stogie
IMG_1791-M.jpg

He looked for this meal at almost every restaurant we stopped at and finally found it in Tulum. It's a whole fish with the head still on it. We laughed about how it was staring back at him
IMG_1901-M.jpg

Somewhere around San Christobal he lost his yellow tented sunglasses and had to buy this goofy pair. It was that or nothing. I laughed every time he put them on!
IMG_1879-M.jpg

He bought from the local street people every chance that he could. Here he bought fresh strawberries while we were enjoying a really good cup of coffee
IMG_1877-M.jpg

This place was serving some type of shrimp soup in a shot glass. We had to try it!
IMG_1883-M.jpg

Chuck was all about "life experiences". We planned a few scuba diving excursions on this trip. He talked me into my first cave dive at Dos Ojos and also my first ocean dive which he said should be a night dive. I was really stressing on the night dive, especially since I'd never dove in the ocean before. He told me "don't worry about it, you'll be fine" "If anything goes wrong I'll be there". I think his ranger training made him fearless and he enjoyed showing others how to deal with their fears. When we were out on the boat in the black of night the dive masters asked us all about our dive experience, they (and the other divers) thought I was nuts to do a night dive as my first. Chuck just looked at me and grinned, he said "you'll be alright" with a **** eating grin on his face. Jumping into that black abyss and experiencing all that comes with a night dive was one of the most exciting things I've ever done. Didn't get any night picts but here's a few from the next day in Cozumel
GOPR0542-M.jpg

GOPR0547-M.jpg

GOPR0584-M.jpg

Looking through old pictures I kept running across picts of Chuck working on everyone else's bikes. He was always willing to lend a hand. Sure bailed me out on a few occasions
IMG_3143-M.jpg

IMG_5227-M.jpg

IMG_5460-M.jpg

IMG_5228-M.jpg

IMG_3151-M.jpg

Helping JT put the fire out
IMG_5455-M.jpg

Blazing Saddles Raw Movie - YouTube

Just some random picts
IMG_3145-M.jpg

IMG_3146-M.jpg

IMG_3147-M.jpg

IMG_3148-M.jpg

IMG_3149-M.jpg

IMG_3152-M.jpg

IMG_5198-M.jpg

IMG_5187-M.jpg

IMG_5291-M.jpg

IMG_1996-M.jpg

Riding down the road we came upon a place where a local strung body parts from a goat all over the place.
Chuck had to get a pict of that
IMG_5330-M.jpg

IMG_5475-M.jpg

IMG_5753-M.jpg

On one trip to Mexico Chuck decided to buy a fresh pineapple to cut up for an evening snack
IMG_3150-M.jpg

Instituto De Idiomas, he said that he was a graduate
IMG_1990-M.jpg

Sure gonna miss having him around, I like to think that he's still out there exploring the mountains.
IMG_5665-L.jpg

IMG_5346-L.jpg
"Chuck was all about "life experiences". We planned a few scuba diving excursions on this trip. He talked me into my first cave dive at Dos Ojos and also my first ocean dive which he said should be a night dive. I was really stressing on the night dive, especially since I'd never dove in the ocean before. He told me "don't worry about it, you'll be fine" "If anything goes wrong I'll be there". I think his ranger training made him fearless and he enjoyed showing others how to deal with their fears. When we were out on the boat in the black of night the dive masters asked us all about our dive experience, they (and the other divers) thought I was nuts to do a night dive as my first. Chuck just looked at me and grinned, he said "you'll be alright" with a shi# eating grin on his face. Jumping into that black abyss and experiencing all that comes with a night dive was one of the most exciting things I've ever done. Didn't get any night picts but here's a few from the next day in Cozumel"

That story is one I heard a couple times, he loved to get people outside their comfort zone. He always had complete faith they would not only survive, but find the thrill of the adventure as well. He spoke of you often Stingray, and was always happy you were on the ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gina,
I am so sorry I didn't come up and meet you in Big Bend! If you are in the Woodlands area let me know, I would love to meet you. He was impressed by you getting out there and doing it!

Sure wish you had made it to BB! That would have been great!

JT was leading the group and had no idea i was struggling.

Chuck was so encouraging to me on that ride! He stayed behind me even though he would have enjoyed it SO much more if he had gone on ahead. (And I was heartened, he did not rush me at all. If you looked at him, he appeared as though he had all day and no where to go.)

When we (finally!) made it to the top, he told me that going back would not be nearly as bad as I was thinking. (And I was dreading the return leg.) He wasn't 'in my face, cheerleading', he kept it casual. And that helped tremendously.

He was right; the return down wasn't nearly as bad, I actually enjoyed parts of it!

That would be awesome to meet you. I lived in Conroe for a few years. We will meet for sure. Will pm you my cel.

gina

Man... I didn't know him, but what a great guy

Yes. Reading the stories... I wish I had.
A gentle reminder to live your life with full knowledge this is it, now or never.
Mrs. CeeBee we grieve with you for a light extinguished but one that lit many other candles in passing thru.

I'm going to send this to a professional printer, and have it mounted. I'm going to place this memory of Chuck, as I remember him here, on a wall next to my bikes. And I will think of him whenever I throw a leg over the saddle.

I cannot express in words how profoundly this man impacted my life. He had a quality about him that was almost reverent.

Do you all remember the scene in Saving Private Ryan, when the "old" Private Ryan at the cemetery asked his wife to reassure him he lived a life as a good man. She gave him that reassurance.

Chuck was a good man. In the ways the definition a "good man" is often lost these days.

I cannot get my head around the fact he is no longer here to talk to.

If you have buds here on twtex.com or elsewhere, where you share your passion for moto travel and everything else, just remember, you and they will transition some day.

What a gift his life meant. Love you, Chuck.

Yes. Reading the stories... I wish I had.
A gentle reminder to live your life with full knowledge this is it, now or never.
Mrs. CeeBee we grieve with you for a light extinguished but one that lit many other candles in passing thru.

I love you guys, I appreciate hearing how much you enjoyed this crazy man of mine. It is still hard to comprehend, you guys make it real.

My contribution to the memories. Tula, 2015.
This pretty much says it all.
By the way, I'm kinda pissed at Chuck. For leavin' us this way.

150523_045-XL.jpg

I think this is one of my favorite pictures of him. The laid back stride, the easy going - I've got this look. He always made every problem seem so simple. Never sweat the small stuff, and when he was around it was always small stuff.
Thanks for sharing it Milton.

I remember riding with Chuck once on Big Bend's River Road. I was going as fast as I could, and Chuck was always on my tail, whenever I looked back. Finally I could take it no more, at a crossroad I pulled over.
Chuck rode up saying, "Milton! Your're killin' me, I can hardly keep up with you"
We decided to take a break, and we both got down on the ground and by God, took a nap.

Loving the memories, I can just hear him saying that Milton.;-)
Almost 6 months have passed, really hard to believe. Haven't done a thing with his stuff, I know it isn't waiting for him to come back, more like waiting for me to be able to go on. For him, I will, I could do no less. He left a huge gaping hole. So, all I have left are memories, I appreciate each and everyone you share. Brings a wave of precious love.

I spent a little time tonight looking through Teeds' smugmug account and found these two pics that should be shared here. These are from the 2008 TAR ride. I miss you Chuck.

Attachments

• IMG_3076-116.jpg
    IMG_3076-116.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_3110-146.jpg
    IMG_3110-146.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 238
Back