• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Moving to San Antonio Fall of 18'...

Reaction score
Good Afternoon from Germany -

My wife and I are headed to Texas (San Antonio) following her career and excited to explore the area/state. Not having to work I shipped the bike over 5 years ago to explore mostly Eastern Europe and Africa. Just did Nathan Millward's Garbage Run (photo below) in England/Scotland - and this was my first ride since spring - do to a bad accident on the bike in Morocco.

So, slowly I have been recovering and should be back to normal this fall, about the time I get back to the US.

Very happy to have been directed to this website and hopefully can gain some local knowledge and have some positive contributions myself.

We look forward to meeting you all...
Erik and Erin

43805738391_c4859b6e21_h.jpg

Last edited:
GS? You'll fit right in.... :-)

Welcome!

PLENTY of great places to ride in the Hill Country with San Antonio as the launching site.

Bjorn Borg has aged well! Welcome and God speed on your recovery.

Excellent response!!! ..and Mr. Borg was my favorite tennis player growing up :)

Thanks for the well wishes...so far so good - everything is healing and getting back to where they are supposed to be.

Erik

Welcome and here's what to expect while riding:

East Texas - pine forests and red dirt roads.
South Texas - maybe the longest undeveloped beach in the world.
North Texas - farms and a lot of small roads outside of the DFW area.
West Texas - mountains (Almost 3000 meters) and desert (Big Bend).

Fastest legal speed limit - 85mph.

With a few exceptions Texas riding is not the most exciting that you'll find, but it does beat the dickens out of Florida! None the less, we explore most all of the ample roads here and find that they lead to others that are have a few more twists to them.

Welcome and we look forward to hearing of your adventures and possibly sharing in some new ones.

Last edited:
Thanks SL350 and Crew Chief...Really appreciate the insight to things. I look forward to meeting up.

Heading to a Horizons Unlimited meeting in Switzerland next week and might take in a few passes in the Alps while I still can. Hoping to attend a few HU meet ups in the US or Canada if anyone is ever interested.

Going to be quite the riding change from here to Texas...although it hit 92 degrees today... so we have that in common :)

Again, thanks for the warm reception everyone!

Erik

Welcome Friend - see you on the road some day!

Dave.

Welcome. Lots of people on here to ride with. Keep your eyes on the upcoming rides section, always someone doing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Bitte. A nice gathering spot just south of downtown San Antonio is Beethoven's, where as a "member" you get to leave your personal stein behind the bar for daily / weekly use. As a 7th generation Texan-German (on both sides, my dad tells me), and subscriber to things German, you'll find a large German community in the hills north, east, and west of San Antonio. Also a great riding area.

When Texas starts to lose it's charm come to Mexico with us. Your BMW is begging for more battle scars. http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115969

Let me know when you're in town and I'll plate some of my Texas German/Czech meat market style moist brisket for ya.

Welcome to San Antonio.

Welcome (almost) to Texas, I'm sure it will be a big change for you both with many great adventures to follow.

Welcome (almost) to Texas, I'm sure it will be a big change for you both with many great adventures to follow.

As long as they pack their Xmas shorts they should be fine.

I too am moving to Boerne in two weeks for a new job at Alamo BMW. If it is not to late you want to ride Furka Pass from Glitch to Brig. I was stationed in Heidelberg for three years and miss the riding there. Simplon pass into Italy was also an amazing ride. There is what looks like a fun ride first weekend in November out of Johnson City first weekend in November. I will be doing the Sunday portion of it.

Back