• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NUMBER TWO Newbie Dual Sport

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Lee
The first Newbie Dual Sport ride is completely full now...the next class is April 22nd.
A NEWBIE DUAL SPORT ADVENTURE #2

Dual Sport riding is a growing sport with more and more newcomers joining in each year. As a long time rider and promoter of DS events, I have seen a need for a new DS rider to get his or her feet wet (no pun intended) in an unpressured way. I’m offering to a group of 7 an opportunity to be introduced to the sport by being led on a quality dual sport ride that is 150 miles long or less, depending on what the group wants. Of this 150 miles, only 25 miles will be paved, and each participant will have a chance to lead the group. If you are a more experienced rider, you may also ride this ride, and will not be disappointed.

You will be introduced to:

1. Roll chart and how to use it
2. GPS route and following it
3. Things you can do to set up your motorcycle
4. Reading the terrain
5. Group etiquette
6. Personal tips on your riding skills

The ride will be paced at the comfort level of the group, with no need for speed.
Introductory price for this entry level class will be $65, which will include T-shirt, paper rollchart and GPS file.
Ride date is Saturday, April 22nd starting from Alvarado Tx. @ 8:00am.

Sign up at dualsportuniverse.com. This is the same event page as the 3rd annual Texas Redneck Ramble May 6th and 7th, 2017 event.
For more details on either event contact me at: littlegeneral54@juno.com

Hey jeepers...I don't know if you heard or not but I canceled it because of a really hard crash I had on my KTM350sx motor-crosser. I have a few broken bones that need to heal before I have another class. The TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLE will be May 6th and 7th, I have two novice groups with leaders to lead you and help you get through the day. If you have any questions please let me know. You can sign up for it at dualsportuniverse.com. Thanks Robert

Sorry to hear that! Hope you are healing up well and can make it back out soon. Thanks for the information and I will look into signing up for the Red Neck Ramble in May.

Back