• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TX Bridge Pic Contributions

Obdewla_X

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't see many recent posts here featuring Texas bridge pics & these may have been posted by others, but here are my contributions just the same. Love these old bridges... so much more character than newer modern ones.

Carpenters Bluff Bridge in Grayson County & spans the Red River... most of it's actually in Oklahoma but it's still a cool old bridge.

Burr's Ferry Bridge that spans the Sabine River connecting Texas & Louisiana

This used to be the Blanco River Bridge before the floods in Wimberley washed it away in 2015... incredible force of nature.

Last edited:
You can just see that summertime humidity "atmosphere " in this pic. Real nice. :thumb:
1611.jpg

Last edited:
Link for second bridge pic is not working. I noted it in the original post in case you want to fix it.

No . It's been out of service for probably more than 25 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The duke boys could do it.View attachment 52469View attachment 52470
Thats his new fancy camera
At least I can take my new fancy camera on my bike on public roads legally because it's inspected , liscenced and insured unlike your 650 [emoji12] and no that's not from my new fancy camera.

Last edited:
San Marcos river West of Gonzales. No longer in service. View attachment 52450

I saw a photo of that bridge in one of the TXDot historic bridge manuals just the other day and was showing it to Cyn. Now I can't put my hands on it. Send me a text on exactly where it is. I could find it on the ground, but not form GMAPS.

I saw a photo of that bridge in one of the TXDot historic bridge manuals just the other day and was showing it to Cyn. Now I can't put my hands on it. Send me a text on exactly where it is. I could find it on the ground, but not form GMAPS.
[emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15] you've ridden on the place !!!

At least I can take my new fancy camera on my bike on public roads legally because it's inspected , liscenced and insured unlike your 650 [emoji12] and no that's not from my new fancy camera.

pinching pennies to pay for title transfer

What's going on here. I see an old bridge , then perhaps and earlier Bridge abutment? Good job. Bridges and bikes go together well cause I always want to stop and have a look .

Bridge on
20140208_142822s.jpg

353 across Peach Creek in Gonzales County. It, along with about 10 others were installed around 1910-1915. Most are gone now because of heavy truck traffic. The last time I was on this one they had it marked so the sand trucks could not cross it.

CR 232 (Slayden lane ) between Gonzales and Ottine over the San Marcos
I'll have a reason to go get a better pic of it.
7cbf30794adc3ce14f57652e8368a49c.jpg

Dad gummit. Found mine of Apache pass
2d95ec1426ad04f69c70852d50d975ba.jpg
4636075e5908461258c4c579451916a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back