• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mr. Kneebone wrote me a letter!

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
Mr. Kneebone said:
You are receiving this e-mail because of your application for a ride certification. This note is to let you know that your ride has been approved and although your ride documents may take a few more weeks to arrive, your membership has also been approved and entered into the Iron Butt Association's member database.

Welcome to the Iron Butt Association!

I know that people think that you don't see much and are not smelling the roses when putting down so many miles in a day. But the truth is, this was a great trip. We went from east of Visalia, CA (near Sequoia Park) to Spokane, WA in less than 24 hours, (just barely 18 hours). I was on my GS-ADV, and my buddy was on his GL-1800. We would have taken less time but my buddies Goldwing wanted fuel more frequently than my GS did. The trip up was at a very relaxed pace and was very scenic. I am glad I did it.

:rider: IBA #33138 :rider:

Last edited:
:clap: :rider:
I want to do this too. I lurk over on the IBA site and haven't seen a ride this year yet in Texas. IIRC, they set one up last year with start and finish witness'. wonder if they will do it again?

I did an ironbutt about three years ago.

Its a cool thing to do

I have ridden many 1000+ days before. They were always unplanned and just "kind of" happened. This was the first time that I actually took the time to plan a route and keep good records. This was not hard at all to do, my friends wife was our start witness and the lady at the hotel in Spokane was our finish witness.

I really only did it for the license plate frame.... ;) (you think I'm kidding?)

Congrats on the recognition, Duke.:clap: :rider: Someday maybe we'll put together a DS IB.

Congrats!

You'll like this. One of the local area HOG Chapters (1 of 4, but not one I'm in) has a Mushy Tushy 500mi patch ride.

:clap: :rider:
I want to do this too. I lurk over on the IBA site and haven't seen a ride this year yet in Texas. IIRC, they set one up last year with start and finish witness'. wonder if they will do it again?

The MTF (Motorcycle Tourer's Forum) puts together Saddlesore 1000 rides every now and then. Check out their event schedule. mctourer.com

Dixonduke,

Congrats on completing your SaddleSore 1000, and I have done two of them, but I only regestered one. Me and the same group of friends who I did my two SaddleSore's with are planning on doing another one this year.

My Iron Butt Association number is 18470. :rider:

Heres the route of our 2004 SaddleSore 1000.
2005IronButtroute.jpg

Heres the route of our 2005 SaddleSore 1000.
2006IronButtRoute.jpg

Congrats! its a nice feeling to get off the bike and go to bed when you're done

Nothing like knowing you can take off on a 1000+ trip and survive though. Makes all other rides seem short :rider:

Back