• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Riveteer Pulls Up Stakes!

Hey Dirtrideroader, where are you at in J.C.?

We live in Austin but have a place on the Pedernales near Stripe's. Would love to meet a fellow rider living in the area!

Hey Dirtrideroader, where are you at in J.C.?

We live in Austin but have a place on the Pedernales near Stripe's. Would love to meet a fellow rider living in the area!

Right now I am in Richmond. We bought a piece of land a couple miles upstream from 281 on the south side of the river.

So far all we have is an electrical line. Working on building a barn on it. Then we will build out a living area inside the barn. As money falls off of the money tree!

Too funny, I am about 70% finished with a 40'x84' barn with a 20'x40' section that is framed in with full bath and A/C for a living space.

What a PIA trying to find people out there that are any good. I know a great old semi-retired electrician and A/C guy and his cousin is a fantastic carpenter.

We are on the south side too, do you have an address? We are 795 Old River Crossing

My own little 1.5 acre bit of the Tx Hill Country!

Congratulations!

Buying raw land is polar opposite of buying a lot or house in a subdivision. Adding the infrastructure can be expensive.

Having the necessities of life, water, power, sewage and access are not inexpensive on a single piece of land. Hopefully, one day it will be all worth it!

Right now I am in Richmond. We bought a piece of land a couple miles upstream from 281 on the south side of the river.

So far all we have is an electrical line. Working on building a barn on it. Then we will build out a living area inside the barn. As money falls off of the money tree!

I didn't cut down any of the hackberry trees on my pace. How long does it take for $$ to grow on them? Our septic drosser system was 13K and that's no ____ :rolleyes: I am glad we are though with our small home on our 4 acre homestead. Still is one of the funest adventure I have ever been on. Now building fences and buying fence posts is costly. May cut down hackberry's for posts but doubt they are good for that either :)

DRRider, the driveway is DOT road base, chip sealed. (At least, that’s what i paid for)

I still worry about the short but very steep incline at the top. Getting the Riveteer up there might be exciting.

Mini update:

Electrician is doing his work tomorrow.

The electric company-just got word-will do their bit Tuesday.

Both say they each will take one day.

Whoop!

DRRider, the driveway is DOT road base, chip sealed. (At least, that’s what i paid for)

I still worry about the short but very steep incline at the top. Getting the Riveteer up there might be exciting.

Wow! That is nice. I think unless something changes ours will be caliche!
But our drive will be mostly flat.

Gina, my first wife and yrs trly established a home on a raw hillside in the Davis Mountains about 36 years ago. Bulldozed the hillside for a level pad, carpenders framed the cabin in, I finished everything else. When you're finished, It's worth every minute and dollar. Someone visiting several years later will never know the effort and money needed to create your new homesite.

I think you should pull your trailer up the hill early in the morning when the hot top is cool and has more strength.

Chris, we are almost neighbors in J.C. My wife and I were driving on Althaus Ranch Rd just last weekend looking for two places for sale. One was a house and I think one was acreage only. Now I really want to know where you are. There is an old abandon road that ties the end of our road into Althaus, but it is covered with a lot of overgrowth and used to be a back way out when our low water crossing gets flooded.

Congrats, look forward to meeting you all some day.

Happy to find this thread and see that you all are almost ready to move in / on the property. Congratulations! Lynn & I still hope to ride down your way at some point. (some point like after it isn't so blazing hot)

I am so happy for you, Mighty G!!![emoji274][emoji274][emoji274][emoji482]

Hey all. Thanks for the continued interest and well wishes.

Power is in; the "meter loop" with accompanying whats-its on it has been built, KPUB came out and set a big pole with a transformer on it, the two poles are linked and last week the electrician went back out and "threw the breakers" so, power is there, ready and waiting. What remains is to dig a trench and run wire from the meter loop to where the trailer will be. And a line to the shed. (Which still needs to be moved- that is proving to be more difficult than anticipated but I am no longer surprised by that...)

As most of you prolly know, JT crashed his bike last Saturday. My attention and energy has been with him, so no progress with the property last weekend, this weekend and probably next weekend...

In the next few weeks though, the goal is to make the final push to get water and power to where the Riveteer will eventually be. Move the shed onto the property and then (finally) move the Riveteer.

[emoji274][emoji274][emoji274]Leaps and bounds! [emoji274][emoji274][emoji274]

Cool Gina, it’s always a plus that woman are experts in multitasking. That’s probably coming handy to you right now.
Remember that I’m in Fredericksburg si if a can help you on anything I will gladly do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey g, I remember you talking about what a big expense(electric) this was going to be. Glad you got IT done. Finish line is in sight. :thumb:

Time for an update!

The Riveteer is in place and level. Thanks mucho to Blind Yak!

The shed (after much toil and turmoil) is in place but haven't leveled it yet.

But the big news is the water and power lines to the trailer and the shed have been done! WHOOP!!

Finally.

The weekend will be spent leveling the shed, cleaning and then MOVING INTO MY LITTLE HOME AT LONG LAST!

[emoji119][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji119]

Congratulations, Gina!!! What wonderful news :-) So happy you can get to really really call this place home. You did it! Helping hands...yay Team SAB!

Back