• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Uncle's Ride the Rio - Feb 21 - 24, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Uncle's Ride the Rio TWT attendance list

Anyone have an extra TX offroad decal I can buy off them? There's no way I'm gonna be able to get one before tomorrow...... (workaholic)

Anyone have an extra TX offroad decal I can buy off them? There's no way I'm gonna be able to get one before tomorrow...... (workaholic)

I have been to the TPWD office where they feigned no knowledge of such a decal..... frustrating. I pointed to the stack of paperwork on the clerk's desk, the top of which was a clearly visible information packet on the very decal I was asking about.:angryfire

After they tried to send me to DPS they finally let me peek at the distribution list for the decal. I went to two dealerships on the list, and they no longer sell them for variuos reasons. They make no profit on them as they must buy and sell at face value, and they have to pay in advance if they want to have them in inventory. They are not available in Tarrant county, I phoned the rest of the dealerships listed as distributors, none of them sell them anymore.

I am riding without the decal. It is absurd to me that TPWD offices do not sell a decal mandated by TPWD itself. If that means I have to pass on going to BBRSP, then I will miss it this trip. After all Big Bend is a Big place.

I have been to the TPWD office where they feigned no knowledge of such a decal..... frustrating. I pointed to the stack of paperwork on the clerk's desk, the top of which was a clearly visible information packet on the very decal I was asking about.:angryfire

After they tried to send me to DPS they finally let me peek at the distribution list for the decal. I went to two dealerships on the list, and they no longer sell them for variuos reasons. They make no profit on them as they must buy and sell at face value, and they have to pay in advance if they want to have them in inventory. They are not available in Tarrant county, I phoned the rest of the dealerships listed as distributors, none of them sell them anymore.

I am riding without the decal. It is absurd to me that TPWD offices do not sell a decal mandated by TPWD itself. If that means I have to pass on going to BBRSP, then I will miss it this trip. After all Big Bend is a Big place.

I suggest this experience be forwarded to the main departmental office in Austin.

I won't let this stop me from riding in BBRSP on this trip. If they don't supply the decals, then......

What is the TX offroad decal for which you speak?

IIRC, It is not required if staying on roads - which (I think) most of us are. It's an offroad use permit sticker that is needed when venturing off the road system and onto trails and such on land operated by the state.

IIRC, It is not required if staying on roads - which (I think) most of us are. It's an offroad use permit sticker that is needed when venturing off the road system and onto trails and such on land operated by the state.

Exactly my concern about a potential trip to Big Bend Ranch State Park.

Exactly my concern about a potential trip to Big Bend Ranch State Park.

Thought we decided in the Big Bend SP thread that there was no off roading in the bbsp

My friend and I won't be getting in until Friday around 12:00 pm(?) Are there any street riders and where are the dual sport riders meeting on Saturday?

Thanks! Marco.

Thought we decided in the Big Bend SP thread that there was no off roading in the bbsp
Check the recent post by Steve in that thread.

Disclaimer: Sorry for posting off topic if this is not the appropriate thread. There are so many threads on this event they all run together.

My friend and I won't be getting in until Friday around 12:00 pm(?) Are there any street riders and where are the dual sport riders meeting on Saturday?

Thanks! Marco.

A couple of the women are riding street. They will not be going fast. Kosmic Kathy's seems to be a fairly popular place for breakfast, your friend can meet up with a crew there.

Check out the latest weather forecast for Terlingua:

Tonight Feb 19 Mostly Clear 47° 0%
Wed Feb 20 Mostly Sunny 83°/53° 0%
Thu Feb 21 Partly Cloudy 78°/49° 0%
Fri Feb 22 Mostly Sunny 79°/48° 10%
Sat Feb 23 Mostly Sunny 85°/49° 10%
Sun Feb 24 Sunny 86°/51° 10%

OH, WOW!!!! :sun:

rtr is happening. Eldon Rix from oklahoma, Hotair, and Uncle sat under the moon and swaped a few stories and had a few adult beverages tonight.

Hey, no rubbing it in! The rest of us workin' stiffs will be there as soon as we can. And don't drink all the cold adult beverages before we show up.

See you Thursday.

I'm up, and about to take the puppies to the Kennel, then it's off to load 4 bikes on the trailer and we'll be on our way!!!!

Does anyone know if the Shrimp Store is open past normal lunch hours?

A quick head's up.

Tomorrow morning at 9 AM at Kathy's Kosmic Kowgirl Kafe, the general meeting up place, Alex Whitmore
will be doing a live telecast for a show he's doing over the internet.

Just more fun for us all here!

http://www.alexwhitmore.com/home.html

See you there . . .

Enjoy!

Voni
sMiling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back