• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Directions to Uncle's place

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Gibbens
If you are headed out to Big Bend and want to pay a friendly visit to Uncle, here are some directions.

He lives on Goat Track Trail, off Hwy 170, across from Terlingua Ghost Town.

The grid coordinates to Uncle's place are 29°18'49.32"N 103°36'33.39"W.

Terlinguagoogleearthpic1.jpg

Terlinguagoogleearthpic2.jpg

UnclesPlacegoogleearth.jpg

As you are driving west on Hwy 170, right before the road drops down into Long draw, on the right will be the western most road to the ghost town and on the left will be Uncle's driveway.
IMG_1052.jpg

Here's the entrance to Uncle's place
IMG_1051.jpg

Goat Track Trail rock - Uncle's rock marking his road
IMG_1050.jpg

Uncle's place is a short distance up Goat Track Trail, on the right. Here's what it looked like as of Nov 2009. This picture was taken from Uncle's front yard. Goat Track Trail is just outside the right side of the picture.
725501692_kWr5k-L.jpg

Turn right when you see Odie. He guards Uncle's driveway and howls at everything.
725601379_ySBw2-L.jpg

Last edited:
Why to go Richard. :clap: If they cann't find Uncle's place now you will need to hold their hand and keep them away from any windows. :lol2:

Why to go Richard. :clap: If they cann't find Uncle's place now you will need to hold their hand and keep them away from any windows. :lol2:

That was to be "Way to go Richard" and Why. :doh: Guess I need to stay away from the window lickers, they are starting to rub off on me. :giveup:

I thought it was really easy to find Uncle Roger's place - just follow the signs. :lol2:

454187876_fLocW-XL.jpg

Image posted by GSer in this thread. :thumb:

Richard:

The Texas Adventure site is down to to excessive traffic. Do you have any idea when it will be back up?
Thanks,
Jeff

He posted in another thread that it should be up later today. He had to pay for more bandwidth.

Back