• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Uncle's Around the Bend - Feb 19-22, 2009, Big Bend

can we have campfires in the area? garth park in particular.

We did last year and there was no problem. You will need to bring wood though. There isn't any there.

Yes, there is a burn ban in effect. I don't know the rules about contained fires . . .

I'll ask the deputy.

Voni
sMiling

I'm leaving early thursday morning, and I've got my 2 person kayak next to my bike on the trailer. I'm also bringing along my snorkeling gear. since I'll be staying a few extra days I'd figure I might get in the water somewhere! I will try and hit the cyclegear shop in san antonio as they open (whenever that is?) so I can get a new pair of boots. those that know me know my vintage boots! then I'll motor on to bb, see you guys there!

bluebayou.jpg

I hear from my group's advance party that there are a bunch of folks all over the place down there. The main body is heading out at 0700 hours tomorrow. See you all there.

If anyone sees the recent issue of Texas Highways magazine, Kathy's Kowgirl Kafe is featured as a bbq must-stop to eat.

Someone pass along my congratulations to Kathy for me. And that I might see her in March.

I'm (over) packed. I'll be leaving out of Austin around 0600. :rider: Looking forward to seeing everyone at Kathy's Kowgirl Kafe Friday morning.

It looks like I may be out. I'm schedule to work tomorrow night plus I did some added damage to myself yesterday. What I did????? heck if I know. I did something and had a sharp pain shoot from the front of my chest to my back. Saw a doctor today and they think I tear a muscle or "popped" a rib. Whatever that means. I'll see how I feel tomorrow before I decide.

Rider Meeting: Riders are invited to converge each morning at 9 a.m. at Kathy's Kosmic Kowgirl Kafe to meet up, find someone to ride with, and/or select the day's route. Come early if you want breakfast or to enjoy Kathy's campfire (highly recommended).

Voni
sMiling

Ride report ? pictures ?

Hey !

Are you guys going to post a ride report or pics ? I'm going to Big Bend area in 2 weeks. Riders need our fix :rider:

Back