• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hey ya'll

Reaction score
I live in Oregon, but always a Texan. What you need to know about me:

First bike I actually owed was in 1979 at 14 years old (XL100 -I had been secretly riding friends' bikes for years).
First encounter with a DPS roadblock/checkpoint: Ranch Road 32 between, San Marcos and Blanco, when I was 14 YO on my XL100 (I did not have a license).
First scolding by a DPS officer, well you guessed it.

Every Spring I start longing for the Hill Country of my youth. Up here, there is some riding going on right now, but its still cold. Down there, is just about perfect right now.

Well, that's about it.

Hey, deminimis. Good screen name. Welcome to TWT. I lived in Oregon (Stayton, Marion Co.) for about 9 years... started raining 3 days after I got there and we had 70 days IN A ROW of measurable precipitation. Wow.
Beautiful place, though. Among my favorite places, many good friends there.

I'll be passing north of the Hill Country in a couple of weeks on my way to Big Bend. I'll point at it for you when I pass by.

I tried the wet side of the state for about 2 /12 years. Couldn't take it. Been on the dry side for the better part of two decades now. Only 11" annually where we live (yea, we could use a little more). The worst thing about Oregon is the only place to get real TX BBQ is at my house (as far as I know). We've got Big Red up here now. Wow, it sure tasted better when I was young.

My in-laws were at Big Bend during that cold snap a while back. It was warmer up here than down there during that time. Enjoy the park!!

Back