• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ATX area

Reaction score
First Name
Neil
In need of someone/somewhere that will mount mount up some used tires for me. I have some take offs for the 250R that were used at the track but came off for something stickier that I want to consume before buying some new rubber.

Lots of places wont mount used tires for liability I guess and would prefer not having to pay an arm and leg for it. I mounted up my last couple sets with spoons but don't have the space to do it in the new garage at the moment.

Bike will be down for a week or so for maintenance with the wheels off so now is the time lol.

I see your in Hutto......Team Scream right off of Gattis School Road. Brian is a great guy!!

Just FYI to anyone that comes across this thread - $20 a wheel when you bring it in. Super nice people and great to deal with.

Glad you found him. Also glad you didn't tell him you are an Aggie. Would've been 60 a wheel.:rider:

^^^ lol I had an A&M shirt on but our discussion about 250/300 race bikes must have kept him distracted. Really cool guy.

Bought my first bike from them. I tend to forget about them though.

I'm just up the street from him and use him whenever I need help. Cool things about guys like Brian, he will tell you how to fix something if he feels you are capable.

Yeah genuinely seemed like a good guy. I am the type that does all my own work if I can, but after a few rounds of spoons and irons tire installs I just didn't have time/space this time around.

I have been thinking alot about a HF tire changer since I have a good source for take offs but never pulled trigger.

Try Donovan at Powersportsparts.net. He will give you a great deal on a Tusk or MSR changer, plus he is also right up the street in Pflugerville, and my son works there!!:trust:

Back