• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Zefal Spy Bicycle Mirrors

Reaction score
51BoAdyYtIL._SX385_.jpg

I do a fair amount of dual sport riding that is mostly off road and closer to single track style riding. I was looking for an option to have an under the handlebar mount that was relatively protected and give me just enough visibility on the streets to see what was next to me and behind me before I did a head check.

At ~ $15.00 each, I decided to try the Zefal Spy Bicycle Mirrors since the were much cheaper than anything I could find and seemed to provide a number of mounting positions. The mounting is easy and with some fiddling on the road I actually got them in a very comfortable position. Because they are more oval shaped, the visibility was better than I expected. Hit the trails for about 4 hours and never had an issue with them falling off or getting out of whack. In fact, I didn't adjust them on the way home, they were still pointed where I wanted to see. Long term I would like to figure out a better method for mounting them to the handlebars. I foresee the rubber getting brittle over time and breaking.

Bang for buck, I think they are a nice option and wanted to pass along the info.

Last edited:
Did you try them standing up? I've been considering a below bar mirror that I can angle to use while standing. Thoughts?

m
Never tried it standing up. I'm guessing based on the angle of reflection, you would see the ground.

Last weekend as I was riding home from City Park I was thinking about how long I've had these mirrors on my bike. 4 years now and still working great. I think of all the times I've dropped the bike or fallen over and they have never broken. Just use my thumb to push them back into alignment again and go. Great bang for the buck. :thumb:

Back