• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Goliad

Reaction score
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Shannon
Remember Goliad!

A few fellas and I are gonna ride from hwy37/fm541 (south of Pleasanton) to Goliad Thursday 8/9th at 09:30am. Plan is to see the missions and Fannins burial. Plus lunch of course. All paved unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like fun. I haven't seen all the missions since I was a 3rd-grader in San Antonio. Ike was still president.

757f3ca4308cd874e38f38bcf15457d3.jpg

Good ride this week and good lunch in Goliad even though it was 103 degrees

103 is not really THAT bad , 114 is REALLY that bad. :mrgreen: If y'all ever plan on coming to Gonzales , hit me up. The last time I hauled hay we delivered 500 square bales to Kosciusko. Probably back around 1988 :lol2:

Did y'all eat in the town square in goliad

I know you are probably aware of this, just posting for others. Next market day is September 8th

http://www.goliadcc.org/goliad-tx-market-days

squarevendors.jpg

Usually have some good stuff to look at , as usuall, bigger turnout when cooler of course

That 103...hot enough.

Last edited:
We ate at the Empresario restaurant on the square. Very good and cold A/C !

I’ve been through Goliad 100 times otw to Rockport but never realized all the history in the area. And yeah I shouldn’t complain about 103. It was 107 in Kingsville last month when we rode down there

Thanks for the memories. Been a few years since i have gone out there. Cuero, Yorktown, Nordiem, Helena, Goliad,and Gonzales lots of history. If you are in Cuero be sure and check out the Trail Drivers Museum. Also in Cuero they have a nice city park to take a break in. kenray on katy.

Thanks, I’ll check that out in Cuero. I’m planning on a day ride to Victoria sept. 24th for the farm n ranch show. Cuero could be an easy stop

Sorry, October 24

Back