• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BB 1500 in the planning stages

When and over what period of time?

36 hours or less. Still in the planning and will need to get the 6000 mile service done before that trip. So not real sure about when it will start. I am all planned up until after Thanksgiving. So in reality sometime in Jan or Feb.

36 hours or less. Still in the planning and will need to get the 6000 mile service done before that trip. So not real sure about when it will start. I am all planned up until after Thanksgiving. So in reality sometime in Jan or Feb.
you should plan on going WSW from Marfa on Pinto Canyon road to Ruidosa. great views and accessible for your bike.( I have seen small sedans and pickups on this road) fuel up in Marfa and then in Presidio.

you should plan on going WSW from Marfa on Pinto Canyon road to Ruidosa. great views and accessible for your bike.( I have seen small sedans and pickups on this road) fuel up in Marfa and then in Presidio.

Been there on a much lighter bike, since this is a timed event I will pass on all gravel roads.
Trying to keep the posted speed limits to 65 or better. Granted the road through BBNP will be 45mph if I remember right. Hwy 90 gives some concern due to night time and possible animal and other traffic.
Thinking about a hotel in Del Rio for a few hours of sleep and a hot meal.

Hwy 90 gives some concern due to night time and possible animal and other traffic.

During a late night ride on Hwy 90 near Sanderson, I saw more deer than I could count and had a few close encounters. I considered myself lucky to make it to the hotel and swore I would never travel that road at night again.

During a late night ride on Hwy 90 near Sanderson, I saw more deer than I could count and had a few close encounters. I considered myself lucky to make it to the hotel and swore I would never travel that road at night again.

Thanks, that is good info to know. Because I would be in that area after dark.
Del Rio is about the 1100 mile mark and where I want to pause for a nap. Any suggestions on hotels? Clean, safe etc....

Last edited:
Thanks Wrightsc, I checked it out and and great reviews. Looks clean.

When I was looking over the route, I came across the Texas boarder to boarder and back route that was planning before. Its all interstate and fast and much easier. But boring.

Back