• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bone Conduction Headphones

Reaction score
Has anyone tried bone conduction headphones (i.e. Trekks, etc) under their helmet? They look interesting and the idea of being able to wear ear plugs is a plus to me.

I've used bone conduction headphones for comms under ballistic helmets. Didn't care for them since the placement was very important to be in just the right spot, making it uncomfortable for long periods of time.

For a while I've been using wired ear buds connected to a phone for music and finally got around to getting a Bluetooth headset (review coming shortly) and it's world's better. I can put ear plugs and music as well.

I've used bone conduction headphones for comms under ballistic helmets. Didn't care for them since the placement was very important to be in just the right spot, making it uncomfortable for long periods of time.

For a while I've been using wired ear buds connected to a phone for music and finally got around to getting a Bluetooth headset (review coming shortly) and it's world's better. I can put ear plugs and music as well.

You might try noise canceling earbuds. Bob uses them and it’s killing two birds with one stone, kills ambient road noise and increases the quality of sound from the Bluetooth setup too. I am currently looking for a pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the trek bone conduction for work, that way I can hear customers even when I’m working on any equipment or if there are trucks around while answering a call, seem to work well, but the down side would be you would have to find a way to push the button while having a helmet on and also, at least with the trek, the band that goes behind your head is semi rigid, so it would move the headphone out of place under a full face helmet at least

Back