• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WACO AREA: Hammock courious? Nov 8-11 lake Fairfield.

I should have stopped by. I ended up riding to Huntsville to eat lunch with a buddy.

I was hustling to get back by dinner time with the fam and blew through Fairfield.

That VFR is A LOT of fun on the interstate, by the way :D
yes you should have :)

Here is a well done video a guy did that will show you all the different set ups from the weekend.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfcheZBhd98"]Texas Hammock Hangers - 10th Annual Fall Hang - YouTube[/ame]

Very cool! Work trip took more time than I thought but the weirdo hammock was on board just in case. Sounds like it was a great time [emoji274]

Here is a well done video a guy did that will show you all the different set ups from the weekend.

Watched the whole thing. Bummed I missed it now.

It made me wonder. If it rains, do the hammock support poles sink into the ground while you're sleeping?

Do you wake up laying on the wet ground in a cocoon? :)

Watched the whole thing. Bummed I missed it now.

It made me wonder. If it rains, do the hammock support poles sink into the ground while you're sleeping?

Do you wake up laying on the wet ground in a cocoon? :)

No sink at all.

For those who were thinking of coming and didn't, here's what you missed out on Saturday morning.

They cooked up 50 lbs of potatoes, 12-15 dozen eggs, 10 pounds of cheese, 12 pounds of bacon and an untold number of onions and peppers. Delicious breakfast tacos.

IMG_20181110_082104-L.jpg
I had to miss this year's hang at Fairfield Lake State Park... I was busy picking up a new to me R1150GS in Austin that weekend. :rider:

image_472.jpg

Here's one of my hammocks set ups

img_8995.jpg

Great set up..is that a warbonnet with Dutch buckles on the suspension?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great set up..is that a warbonnet with Dutch buckles on the suspension?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not the best picture but it's a Chameleon with Dutch Beetle Buckles suspension & Loco Libre Cayenne Pepper under quilt & top quilt.

Back