• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FYI for the Triumph Sprint guys

scratch

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Massie
Found this info at T595.net -

Team Triumph in Wisconsin is advertising a metal fuel quick connect kit on their website for the Sprint ST & RS that should be available soon. The price isn't listed yet, but a similar kit they sell for the Daytona goes for $70.00. Here's a link - http://www.rideteamtriumph.com/sprint_rs.htm

Heard of a number of owners complaining that the stock fittings and O-rings will break too easily. I've only lifted my tank once to check the air filter, and I'll have to admit the fittings didn't inspire much confidence. This new kit might be a reasonable solution to a potential problem.

Thanks Scratch,

When I got my Sprint, I actually invested in a factory service manual. I think I opened it once to see what it looked like inside, but now that the local dealer is dropping his Triumph line, I should probably get more aquainted with it and start taking on these things. I've read about the fittings myself and have always just considered myself lucky nothing has happened to me. I guess I should take this as a sign and get those things replaced.

Bill

- Update -

It appears Team Triumph has not committed to actually selling the metal fuel connects they list on their website for all year models. According to some folks posting at T595.net, they have been taking orders but not always delivering. I gave them a call and asked about availability and they said they don't have a set for my '00 RS, and to call back in a couple of weeks. I'm guessing they are still gauging the interest in this product or trying to build up a big enough back-log to order the minimum number of connections their own supplier requires of them.

Bill said:
..I've read about the fittings myself and have always just considered myself lucky nothing has happened to me. I guess I should take this as a sign and get those things replaced.

Bill

I don't think you need to worry about them failing on their own, just if you disconnect/re-connect them when you get under the tank for some reason. Of course, if you're going to do some of your own maintenance then you will eventually have to do just that.

If you do have to work with them, apply a bit of silicone lubricant on the fittings before re-connecting, then work slowly and gently trying to make sure that they line up straight as you push them together.

Back