• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Have you seen the new 3 wheeler?

Elio live. The tour.

Mar 06, 2016 - Mar 06, 2016 Shreveport Hilton/Convention Center - 104 West Market Street, Shreveport, LA Time: 12pm - 7pm (Free Event)

Bob, do you have plans March the sixth? The Shreveport event is too close to miss.

Last edited:
Elio live. The tour.

Mar 06, 2016 - Mar 06, 2016 Shreveport Hilton/Convention Center - 104 West Market Street, Shreveport, LA Time: 12pm - 7pm (Free Event)

Bob, do you have plans March the sixth? The Shreveport event is too close to miss.

Hmmmmm . . . . . March 6th . . . . . Sunday . . . . . 110mi . . . . . nice ride on 84 over to Logansport then up LA 5 and into the S. end of S'port . . . . . Weather forecast looks reasonable for a putt . . . . . Hmmmmm . . . . . ?????

Last edited:
I really hope this thing gets built at somewhere near the target price point.

Elio Unveiling in Shreveport, 6 March '16 ???

Elio live. The tour.

So . . . . . anyone else thinking about riding up to S'port tomorrow?

Could meet in Mt. Enterprise abt 10A or in Joaquin abt 10:30 and putt on up.

I sent my friend a picture of the Corbin's 3 wheeler last nighthttp://corbin.com/motors/ and was kind of ribbing him about when his Elio would be delivered .

He told me he was out and had recently lost his $1000 . In addition to the $1000 he put down they wanted him to sign a contract of purchase where he would be required to buy the vehicle EVEN IF THE PRICE CHANGED. He didn't want to sign a contract not knowing the price so therefore he lost his deposit.

He did comment that the Corbin vehicle was very expensive compared to the Elio and I reminded him , If you have nothing in stock to sell you can say you would sell it for any price you want.

well allegedly a 100 will be on the road soon not made by Elio but built by Roush and go to fleet buyers.
regular production versions have been pushed back again to 2017 and the price has gone up.

Sad to those who have lost money on this, but because of this and Skully and others, is why I'll never put my own hard earned money down on someone else's promise.

Well, there's some interesting developments according to this article...

Source:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/electra-meccanica-solo-honor-other-deposit/

Looks like Elio is in financial straights for capital and there's a Canadian company honoring Elio's deposits for their three-wheeled electric version. Turns out Elio couldn't qualify for CAFE credits either which is what they banked on heavily.

Seriously? $130K? With that amount of capital, you really couldn't start a car wash or a laundromat with any hope for success.

I couldn't for the life of me remember what this car/thread was called. A simple google "shreveport GM plant new" got me the Elio name. From there, some simple googles found this article published only a few weeks ago on the status. For those who have followed this (and a few who put $$ down), you might find it interesting.....

EDIT TO ADD:
Spelling filters caught the last word of the URL. If you click the link you'll get a 404 error. Just go up to the URL line and where the **** is, replace it with that four letter word of a place opposite of heaven. :-)

https://www.hotcars.com/were-they-lying-why-the-elio-three-wheeler-is-stuck-in-development-****/

I was thinking about this thing just the other day. I also couldn’t remember what it was called and wasn’t curious enough to do any googling. Thanks for posting the update (or lack thereof).

It's a bummer of a story, but it illustrates some important reasons why we don't have meaningful innovation in the automotive or transportation industry. This is all about extreme over-regulation of this industry, much of which is heavily supported by unions, which stifles innovation. The goal of regulation like this is to keep the big-3 American auto manufacturers propped up without competition, a quasi-monopoly endorsed by government. The fact that Tesla has actually put cars on into customers' hands is remarkable, and extraordinarily unlikely to be duplicated.

Back