• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2015 MexTrek, Oct 15 - 18th, Galeana, Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to pick this up again.

1st point of order; due to extenuating circumstances (namely work & a rare visit from an old friend in ailing health) I will not be able to join this little jaunt. October is often a stretch for me so you old farts go on & have a great time and send pics so I can be consumed by jealousy.
sorry to hear it old chap, you will be missed, thou mejico will be there for you on our next ride possibly Jan or Feb 2016, we'll try to ride mex adv every 3-4 months

Hey guys, like I offered to the May riders, I have parking spaces for 5 pickups with or without trailers at my home, then we can ride to the border together, alpine took one spot already, just let me know, I live in Mercedes so keep in mind that it's a 45 min bike ride still to get to the anzalduas bridge, there are 3 hotels here 10 mins from my home, so whatever's best for you, I'm just offering.

Rooms for 20 have been reserved at the Hotel Magdelena. I went this route because despite best efforts with the Hotel Jardin, they would not take any reservations until Oct 1st. I had my brother, who speaks fluent Spanish and has studied Mexican law in Mexico take a stab at it. Nada, Amigo!

Rooms for 20 have been reserved at the Hotel Magdelena. I went this route because despite best efforts with the Hotel Jardin, !
this might be better, I've never stayed at hotel jardin but I don't think they have the parking like at magies which is more secure, so we are good thanks, hey guys, we've been getting ready for the ride and comms has been discussed, I've got mine, alpine and Dmux too, anybody else ?

Thank you Pete for all your work to make this happen! I'm real excited to be joining you guys.

Yes thanks to all that is involved in making this happen
If there is something I can do please let me know.
I've been getting the bike ready for this.
Just hope I am. Still looking for some one to split the trip down with.

This is pretty exciting! Can't wait. I'll wait a bit and make my reservations. My assistant Ms. Gabi Castenēda can probably help just a bit with communicating if anyone needs help.:rider::rider::rider:

I carry a current registration form, original or official copy, and leave my title at home. If your registration form is not current they WILL catch it.

In the past, I have taken both title and registration. They glance at the title and give it back, then really look at the registration. This was around 5 years ago, assume nothing has changed.

Has anyone checked out the slightly nicer Hotel about a block off the square?

In the past, I have taken both title and registration. They glance at the title and give it back, then really look at the registration. This was around 5 years ago, assume nothing has changed.

Has anyone checked out the slightly nicer Hotel about a block off the square?

Not been there, but is it the one on the south side of town closer to the hospital?

And yes! It is exciting to see another ADV group heading to the sierras. Viva Mexico Cabrones!

Very much looking forward to this trip! I'll be coming down on a KLR from Fort Worth on Tuesday, with an overnight in the hill country (TBD where). Can easily meet up with people coming from DFW or the Austin area and ride to McAllen if anyone is interested.

I'm east of Dallas and that is sort of my plan. I'm on a BMW R1100 GS. I think I can keep up till we get to the dirt.......

Can't wait to go back to Galeana. This will be my third Mextreks and 5th trip down to that town. I'll be taking it easy. I can probably still find my way around if a duffer group wants to do a ride.

I got a round of emails about lodging. I'll send out a response with updates soon.

Unfortunately a couple of "firms" had to back out. Still at 20 or so going as of right now.

24 Guidebooks ordered. If you don't require one, please pass yours to a friend that you really want to have join you in Mexico next time!

I got a round of emails about lodging. I'll send out a response with updates soon.

Unfortunately a couple of "firms" had to back out. Still at 20 or so going as of right now.

24 Guidebooks ordered. If you don't require one, please pass yours to a friend that you really want to have join you in Mexico next time!

Whom do we pay and how?

DB

I can't make this trip buy would love to buy a guide book if there are any extras available.

Thanks!

in regards to the guidebooks, when do we get them,and how do we pay

Richard will be direct shipping the guidebooks. Please send $40 via paypal to unclesaroundthebend@gmail.com and that will get your guidebook in motion. Richard will use your paypal address on file unless you specify something different in the notes.

Also, please let me know your tee shirt size when you paypal!

If you don't use paypal, send me an email with tee shirt size and I'll collect payment in McAllen.

Last edited:
Richard will be direct shipping the guidebooks. Please send $40 via paypal to unclesaroundthebend@gmail.com and that will get your guidebook in motion. Richard will use your paypal address on file unless you specify something different in the notes.

Also, please let me know your tee shirt size when you paypal!

If you don't use paypal, send me an email with tee shirt size and I'll collect payment in McAllen.

I don't need a guidebook, already got two. I do want a t shirt, and I want to pay for the trip,, if some portion of the $40 is for the trip itself and/or the shirt. How much do I send and to whom?

I can't make this trip buy would love to buy a guide book if there are any extras available.

Rich,

The MexTrek guide book is available for purchase to anyone who wants one, whether they are able to attend the rally or not. Click here for information on how to order a guide.

Note that this only applies to those not attending MexTrek but who want to buy a guidebook. Shadman is organizing this year's MexTrek (I'm not involved) so please send your registration and payment for MexTrek to Shadman.

Last edited:
Beware of traffic in the McAllen area

QO7WQ7O.gif

No ****, I always tell people who ask how the ride into scary Mexico went that of the entire ride, the hwy section to the bridge was the scariest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back