• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2016 MexTrek Galeana #5, Oct 19th - 23rd 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 of us, west bound & down, loaded up and truckin'. Should be in Mission by mid-day Wed. See y'all Thursday morning.
962ebd90222c9dbcc994f6deb6959a3d.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What do you consider a full dose of Ride On? Also, how much weight did you used with your Tubliss system?
8 oz for almost all common tire sizes. I don't run Tubliss. Just added equal weight to offset rim locks I installed.

_

I will pull the wheel off and get it balanced today, then add some more Ride On. Hopefully that fixes it! I couldn't imagine ridding in the rain with the front end the way it is now.

Who do you get to balance yours? I'm not certain my little local tire shop will have spoke weights..
worst case scenario, rio grande valley cycle center in mcallen 956-688-8086 robert there will make sure ur tires r balanced n he has ride on, he especializes on tires, his shop is close to mission n at a good price.

worst case scenario, rio grande valley cycle center in mcallen 956-688-8086 robert there will make sure ur tires r balanced n he has ride on, he especializes on tires, his shop is close to mission n at a good price.

Yeah I contacted ATT and they said it'll be $1 per minute per call, and $.50 per text. Still cheaper than the $70 Cricket phone/plan I was considering..
i got cricket n all skype, text n calls work in every town no extra charges

Log into your AT&T account online. While on the myATT tab, hover over "wireless", then click "view international options". Click "travel outside US" then "Mexico only". You will then see an option for unlimited talk and text and 1GB of data at no charge. Additional data is $20 a GB. As long as that radio button is blue you're good. You can verify under "view my plan and features". It will say "At&T Mexico Roaming Bonus" under your device.

I know that's probably clear as mud, but it would be a lot of screen shots to try and illustrate it.

will not do the free part for me, cheapest is $40

I'd appreciate tagging along with someone(s) Wednesday late afternoon/evening for border paperwork and currency exchange.

I'll be trucking to McAllen and anticipate arriving at the hotel around 4-5pm.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'll not be able to make the trip this go around. :giveup: Hopefully next year.

I'd appreciate tagging along with someone(s) Wednesday late afternoon/evening for border paperwork and currency exchange.

Randy, you're coming after all? Great!
JT and I are already in Galeana. Got in late in the afternoon after spending all day off road. (I'm beat).

C you soon!

Randy, you're coming after all? Great!
JT and I are already in Galeana. Got in late in the afternoon after spending all day off road. (I'm beat).

C you soon!

I am going, Gina... in a surprise twist of plans, a miracle happened and I got the kitchen pass. I'm pretty sure I used up all my reserve miracle mojo on it.

I saw that you, JT, Ivan, Bob, and others are enjoying the good weather. Very jealous. I have another day of the grind before going my fun begins.

Are the roads/trails still dry today?

Beeman (Bob) and I should be arriving around 5-6pm as well. Shadman (Peter) told me he would be there around that time also. We can all head down together.

will not do the free part for me, cheapest is $40

I opted for the "pay per use" option. $.50 per text and $1 a minute for calls. Should still be less than $40, since you can turn off cellular data and use wifi at the hotel..

4 of us, west bound & down, loaded up and truckin'. Should be in Mission by mid-day Wed. See y'all Thursday morning.
962ebd90222c9dbcc994f6deb6959a3d.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Cool. Have a great trip. Sorry I'll be missing you. Someday we'll make a Galeana trip at the same time. You have to get Ivan & Liz to go sometime.

cec8baaa0b449b541db41f4f585a1ab7.jpg

Randy asked about riding conditions...
Conditions and weather are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re the pic above...
Construction worker: You cannot pass.
JT: Well, can we just go look?
CWorker: Si, but you can't get thru.
JT: Thank you. We'll just go look.

And we looked/lucked our way all the way through!

Ken and JT thought it was a fun romp.

Ivan and I are just glad to be alive.

I'm in! I'll be riding to McAllen leaving from Katy Wednesday morning. If anyone else in the Houston area is riding and would like to cruise down together let me know. Otherwise I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Re the pic above...
Construction worker: You cannot pass.
JT: Well, can we just go look?
CWorker: Si, but you can't get thru.
JT: Thank you. We'll just go look.

And we looked/lucked our way all the way through!

Ken and JT thought it was a fun romp.

Ivan and I are just glad to be alive.
Great picture and story. Remind me not to believe JT if I ever hear him say he's just going to look.

Sorry I couldn't make it, guys. I tore my shoulder up pretty bad and have to have surgery. :doh: Doc says I will be good to go for the next ride in April. I hope everyone has a great time and stays safe.

Paul
DoubleDoc :rider:

No post about the tree falling all over the bike parking area yet. I know you guys have Internet. Put a beer down for a minute and update the poor fools that had to stay behind and keep an eye on your property .

Attachments

• IMG_7909.jpg
    IMG_7909.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 307
No post about the tree falling all over the bike parking area yet. I know you guys have Internet. Put a beer down for a minute and update the poor fools that had to stay behind and keep an eye on your property .
I wasn't there when it happened, but as I understand it... the high winds with the incoming cold front blew over that tree that was right in front of the hotel. The tree fell away from the hotel and smack in the middle of the pack of bikes. Greg's bike (crf250l) was hit but sustained no damage. As far as I know, no other bikes were hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back