• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TAR 2010, April 15 - 18, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Servants Poor Professor Higgins!
Poor Professor Higgins! Night and day
The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain!
?? Uhh, did I miss another memo?
Help me, señor. I'm lost again. :giveup:

I'm showing 70% chance that it will not rain.

This is supposed to be an Adventure Ride. The adventure starts when things quit going as planned! :eat::rider::eat::rider::eat::yawn:

Ditto that.:trust:

And speaking of missing memos.
Did we loose our editing privileges again?

I think this was Elm Pass Rd. in the liquid sunshine...
837237693_Ymr6g-L.jpg

one of the rare stops when the camera could come out.

Hello,
I am new to the site and new in Texas at a New job --> all means not enough time accumulated to start making long weekends yet. But I would be very interested in coming up on Saturday to meet some of the people and see what its all about. Is there an option for that? Thanks James

Hello,
I am new to the site and new in Texas at a New job --> all means not enough time accumulated to start making long weekends yet. But I would be very interested in coming up on Saturday to meet some of the people and see what its all about. Is there an option for that? Thanks James

Sure, come on out. PM sent.

I waited as long as possible, but i'm out. No rain here in Austin, but they just put up a flash flood warning for areas south of Junction. That's the breaking point for me. Hope the weather is better for you guys tomorrow.

Well I got stuck in Austin this afternoon so I will be heading out to Junction tomorrow morning instead.

If anyone from Austin wants to "convoy" out to Junction tomorrow send me a message.

-ZigZag
07 XChallenge

Have definately got some heavy rain in San Antonio today! Am planning on heading up late tomarrow afternoon to get at least a Saturday ride in. If anyone that rode today reads this, would like to have a brief update of riding conditions. Did'nt know if I should plan on bringing a raft or my DR350 for the James River Route. Thanks Alot! Have fun tommarow.

Well Richard we're here at hill's and the cr roads coming here from temple are great.No dust!! Slight drizzle but letting up . Tomrrow should be the same-great temps,no dust just slow down on the water crossing and look at the flood guage LOL :rider:

Yes, those of us still in ATX are eagerly awaiting James River carnage footage. :trust:

Arrived Thursday evening. Friday morning headed out after riders meeting. Rode North of I-10 . Within 15 minutes into the ride the RAIN HIT . North of I-10 had some heavily soaked and muddy roads. However, South of I-10 into Rocksprings was pure mud,muck,
many large ponds developed on the road. The ponds were flowing across the road and
the ones in low areas were in places easliy 2.5 ' deep. Some bedrock bottom. Some pure mud. Yes mud , at times mud 3" to 6" in depth and lasting for miles. All while under heavy to medium rain showers. The roads began to erode under heavy rains. Creating channels with boulders exposed. It would have been a challenge in a 4x4 (with good tires). Rocksprings was a relief for fuel and coffee. But the rain was still coming down
and continued all the way back to Junction. Back at K.O.A. Nice hot shower and dry clothes helped. Finally the rain stopped and a little sun came out. The river rose 2' in three hours. Forecast showed more rain for Saturday. So loaded up and returned home.
Great group that we fell in with . Everyone looked out for fellow riders . And traversed some incredible terrian that normally would have not been like that. All during the pouring rain.
Chango

A big thanks to Richard & Rusty for organizing the ride!
Good to see Rick and Big A again...enjoyed making new friends and riding with all of you!
Thanks,
John

A big thanks to Richard & Rusty for organizing the ride!
Good to see Rick and Big A again...enjoyed making new friends and riding with all of you!
Thanks,
John

Rick M and Big A enjoyed seeing you also , we have missed some good rides lately but hopefully that is going to change . We just gotta get Big A a real Dual Sport Bike :lol2:.........Maybe a ktm 690 enduro?

I just got a room at the Hills! Will send my registration fee to you! The man at the desk in Junction says that he is the new owner (Dale), as the previous owner sold him the motel.
I told him I was going to be with the TAR and he seemed a bit puzzled when I mentioned it.
Oh, well.

April 7, 8, 9

(Truthfully, when I called, I made reservations for the 2010 dates, then had to call back and correct them! :giveup:)

I'll go ahead and lock this thread since we are past this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back