• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beyond Epic 3 motorcycle ride and rally - Sep 4-6, 2010 Clarksville, AR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in. Need some things to fill in some of this extra time I find myself with now. In fact, I am heading to Montana and Colorado in a few weeks. Don't know when I will be back in NC. I may just be heading back when this thing rolls around in Sept. It will be good to see and ride with you folks again.

Kenny

I'm in. Need some things to fill in some of this extra time I find myself with now. In fact, I am heading to Montana and Colorado in a few weeks. Don't know when I will be back in NC. I may just be heading back when this thing rolls around in Sept. It will be good to see and ride with you folks again.

Kenny

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

This looks promising...I may take the road bike for this rally. It has quite some time since I have been in north Arkansas...home to some of the best areas to "dance with curves" in the US.

I stayed in this inn a few years ago with the ST Owners rally. The inn is located just behind the adult movie store...really.

:rofl:

If I get the KDX tagged, anyone willing to keep @ 50mph and below for me? =P

Playing with Garmin recently, I generated four possible routes for the Clarkesville gathering.

Are these routes good options for a bit of terrain diversity and ample curves?

RB

Attachments

• clark-mt-maga-160.gdb
    58 KB · Views: 311
  • clark-eureka-loop-220.gdb
    63.8 KB · Views: 319
  • clark-east-250-loop.gdb
    91.8 KB · Views: 310
  • clark-branson-280.gdb
    83.7 KB · Views: 308
I would like to make the trip. Bringing two bikes - DR650 and ZX14.

OK, I am officially in. Here are some .gpx files I've been playing with.

950082103_HRh33-X3.jpg

Attachments

• Oark-Marshall-a.gpx
    252.7 KB · Views: 374
Well, something finally fell on weekend I have off, Dirty Dave is out, Wayland a slim possible, but I wanna go. Sooo, I'm gonna throw my hat in and see if can put something together with somebody. I was thinking ride and room splitting, or a combo with people that may need one or the other...let me know. Richard, if you have any idea...or a list of peeps lookin...

Is anyone trailering up from Austin or San Antonio with an extra spot on their trailer for a bike? I need a bike transported.

What bike? I think Tricepilot and I have planned to go together and use his trailer. I don't know how big his trailer is, but it will have two BMW GSA's in it. The fattest bike made...wait it's just wide in the chest area...so it is the most endowed bike. If we are still going up together, you might want to ping him to see if he'll have space.

I need the Strom transported.

Paging Trice to the Adventure Courtesy phone.

Ah, so you are going to make part of the ride? We can talk on Saturday. I'm going to try and make it to Milton's lunch.

Ah, so you are going to make part of the ride? We can talk on Saturday. I'm going to try and make it to Milton's lunch.

Milton's lunch is Sunday.

I need to send the Strom to Uncle. He's jonesin to ride it.

Hmm, I guess I need to learn to read a calendar. :doh: That may mean I can't make it. Cool about Uncle riding the vstrom.

OK, I'm in and have a room reserved. I've never actually ridden with Thumper so maybe it will happen after all these years. And I wonder if all his women admirers are gonna follow him up there?
Robert

OK, I'm in and have a room reserved. I've never actually ridden with Thumper so maybe it will happen after all these years. And I wonder if all his women admirers are gonna follow him up there?
Robert

YEAH.......I have not had the pleasure of meeting the man personally.
He lives over in Humble I think. Maybe someday out paths will cross somewhere.
Anyway the name was already taken when I joined this board.

Thumper_tx
God bless the USA, the constitution, the 10 commandments, Texas and John Wayne. Not necessarily in that order.

Planning on doing this one, camping site reserved, 3days.
Bringing KLR, Site G07, Piney Bay, Dardanelle Lake COE
Leaving Marshall morning of Fri 9/3/10, return Monday afternoon.
I have Cargo Trailer w/spare cot and place for another bike if anyone wants to share the trip.
Elmer Nance 903-938-3937, 418 Country Ln, Marshall, TX 75672
:rider:

Room reserved, myself John Thompson and Phillip Alspaugh are in :rider:

Thanks for reminding me. I need to fill out the registration.
:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back