• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend - a guide for all motorcyclists

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Gibbens
The Big Bend region is great place to ride a motorcycle. It contains some of the finest paved and non-paved roads in Texas. Those roads combined with the unique characteristics that make the Big Bend region such a different and exciting place to visit helps to explain its continued popularity as a motorcycle-destination.

Until now, though, motorcyclists have not had a ride guide to all that Big Bend has to offer. Motorcyclists wanting to visit Big Bend have not had a single source to turn to in order to find the best places to ride, eat, sleep, and visit.

Big Bend - a guide for all motorcyclists, 2nd edition is a 68 page, spiral-bound, guide to motorcycling the Big Bend region. The guide contains both logistics information and recommended rides.

Centered around the Study Butte/Terlingua area, the logistics information included in the guide includes a list of the motel/hotels in the area, camping sites, safety considerations, suggested packing list, and other pertinent, important information needed to ride the Big Bend region.

The guide also details 14 different recommended routes - 4 street-only routes and 10 dual sport routes - all beginning and ending in Study Butte. Each route includes a route description, mileage, directions, difficulty rating (for the dual sport routes), stores, restaurants, fuel stops, and things to see & do along each route.

Also included are two 11x17 color maps - one topo map of the Terlingua Ranch area and one map of Big Bend National park showing the primitive roads in the park.

The guide also includes download instructions for each of the routes in GPS format.

The cost of the package (guide + maps) is $25 via check or money order or $27 if paying via paypal.

To order the guide send payment and a note with your name, address, and what you are ordering to me at the address/paypal below. Please let me know what product you are ordering since I sell several different ride guides.

Richard Gibbens
12609 Red Bud Trail
Buda, TX 78610

paypay: rgibbens@austin.rr.com

Last edited:
One please...........I'll get you a check in the mail tomorrow. I'd do it today,but the boss went home and took the check book with her. Dang women!

One please...........I'll get you a check in the mail tomorrow. I'd do it today,but the boss went home and took the check book with her. Dang women!

Please PM me the name and address you want me to mail it to and I'll get it out right away.

Thank you.

"I will gladly pay you on Tuesday for a ride guide today"...for that to be funny you must have watched the old Popeye cartoons.

Seriously. I will be dropping you a check in the mail, after the first.

Pay Pal sent ,
Thanks to Richard for all he does !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap:

PayPal will be sent when I get home... Office firewall prohibits me from doing it now....

Looking forward to the book! Thanks Richard.

Psst.... What happened to the EDIT button?

Anyway.. PayPal has been sent....

Texas Adventure subforum is one of the special vendor subforums. Since it is a vendor forum there are some editing restrictions.

Is River Road open yet ?

Not yet. I talked to Uncle this morning and he says the road crews have started working on it, but it's not open yet. Maybe they will have it re-opened by the time we get out there.

Update 2:

Uncle called a little while ago and River Road is unofficially open. 2 riders rode it yesterday and the barriers and "road closed" signs are gone. The road has been grated and is in good shape. Uncles says once the Park Superintendent drives the road personally and says its okay that the road will then be officially open.

From the NPS daily report for today.

"The Santa Elena Canyon Trail and River Road West are now open. River Road West is 4WD recommended."

:rider:

Back