TWT Forums  

 


Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > Texas Adventure Rider's Assoc.

Notices

Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #261
wedge1
 
wedge1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Katy TX
Posts: 168
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudclod View Post
Thats terrible news Bastrop, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
This really puts things in perspective - prayers and thoughts from the Penningtons.
wedge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:57 PM   #262
Trail Boss
TWT Advertiser
 
Trail Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Austin
Posts: 3,743
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

Bastrop,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please let me know if I can help in any way.
__________________
Richard

"Nice bike. Have you taken her to Mexico? All bikes want their owners to take them there. " - tricepilot

Dirt, sweat & gears - adventure is calling

www.texasadventure.net
Trail Boss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:57 PM   #263
Trail Boss
TWT Advertiser
 
Trail Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Austin
Posts: 3,743
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

Riders,

I've started the ride report thread here: http://twtex.com/forums/showthread.p...996#post916996

Please share your stories and pictures with all of us on that thread.
__________________
Richard

"Nice bike. Have you taken her to Mexico? All bikes want their owners to take them there. " - tricepilot

Dirt, sweat & gears - adventure is calling

www.texasadventure.net
Trail Boss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #264
Rick M
Forum Supporter
 
Rick M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Belton,Tx
Posts: 663
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Boss View Post
Bastrop,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please let me know if I can help in any way.
Same here Bastrop , sorry for your loss ...
__________________
I Love a good Adventure Ride !
Honda Africa Twin
Super Tenere
Ktm 690 Enduro
Kawasaki KLX 450 R Dualsported
Rick M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:55 AM   #265
elcolon
 
elcolon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Allen, Frisco, TX
Posts: 423
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK M View Post
Same here Bastrop , sorry for your loss ...


I can make room for your.family and bikes. Pm me if you.need shelter
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
My Riding Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/eldasslokk?feature=mhee
elcolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:48 AM   #266
Gravel Guy
Forum Supporter
 
Gravel Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: T'orndale!
Posts: 7,092
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstreak View Post
Gravelklr,
It was a pleasure being your neighbor at the hotel, and visiting with you. I glad you made it home safely.
Look forward to seeing you again and meeting your better half.
Thank you, and ditto!
__________________
Want to invest in a worthwhile community? My monthly donation to TWT makes me happy..........

Are you doing what you are doing in the name of love?

Mark
guido calculo
NEast of Weird, Texas
Gravel Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:42 AM   #267
Dahveed
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,760
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by solorider View Post
Sad news. I got text from wife she had to evacuate the house. Hopefully it'll still be up tomorrow.
Bastrop, I'm not sure if we've met but if you need anything feel free to ask. The family is safe and like you said, that's the most important thing.
Prayers for you and Bastrop. Hoping the best for both your families.
__________________
'15 R1200GS
'08 WR250R



The DFW Area DS Road Map
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #268
SpiritRider
 
SpiritRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tomball
Posts: 18
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

Bastrop (DAN), so sorry to hear of your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Marcus, Daily, and I enjoyed riding with you. Please keep us informed of what is going on with you and yours...

SpiritRider (Ernie)
SpiritRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #269
Aanarchy
Forum Supporter
 
Aanarchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 165
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcolon View Post
I can make room for your.family and bikes. Pm me if you.need shelter
Same here. I can't imagine dealing with that. Anything I can do for you, email me.
__________________
2009 BMW F800GS
2010 KTM 690 Enduro R
2017 Triumph T120 Black

Oh, yeah...1999 Gas Gas TX270

Maybe it was Utah. - H.I. McDunnough
Aanarchy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #270
Shadman
TWT Site Sponsor
 
Shadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 1,214
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

I need to get my priorities straight and do this ride next year. Dangit, where did I steer wrong this year?
Shadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #271
solorider
 
solorider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Houston
Posts: 696
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

It's cuz you've been busy putting your super secret DS trip together!
BTW I didn't ignore you still trying to see if I can make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadman View Post
I need to get my priorities straight and do this ride next year. Dangit, where did I steer wrong this year?
__________________
Eyes on the horizon!

2012 Ural Gearup
2008 GL1800
solorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #272
wedge1
 
wedge1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Katy TX
Posts: 168
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

wedge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #273
wedge1
 
wedge1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Katy TX
Posts: 168
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

wedge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #274
wedge1
 
wedge1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Katy TX
Posts: 168
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

<div style="width:480px;text-align:right;"><embed width="480" height="360" src="http://static.pbsrc.com/flash/rss_slideshow.swf" flashvars="rssFeed=http%3A%2F%2Ffeed1098.photobuck et.com%2Falbums%2Fg364%2Fkevpen%2Ffeed.rss" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" /><a href="http://photobucket.com/redirect/album?showShareLB=1" target="_blank"><img src="http://pic.photobucket.com/share/icons/embed/btn_geturs.gif" style="border:none;" /></a><a href="http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g364/kevpen/" target="_blank"><img src="http://pic.photobucket.com/share/icons/embed/btn_viewall.gif" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
wedge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #275
wedge1
 
wedge1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Katy TX
Posts: 168
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

Sorry about the gobly-gook in the post - I am - or was trying to post my photos.
wedge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #276
wedge1
 
wedge1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Katy TX
Posts: 168
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

wedge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #277
wedge1
 
wedge1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Katy TX
Posts: 168
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks



Posting the photos is not working for me right now but the ride was awesome.
wedge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #278
Jtmajors
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 19
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

Had a blast on this trip. It was my first ever dual sport ride. I also did a ride report on ADV. Here is the link http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720075
Jtmajors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #279
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum
 
Tourmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Huntsville, Tx.
Posts: 45,347
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

Please post ride reports here:

http://twtex.com/forums/showthread.p...996#post916996
__________________
Scott Friday

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon


The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #280
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum
 
Tourmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Huntsville, Tx.
Posts: 45,347
Re: Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1 View Post
<div style="width:480px;text-align:right;"><embed width="480" height="360" src="http://static.pbsrc.com/flash/rss_slideshow.swf" flashvars="rssFeed=http%3A%2F%2Ffeed1098.photobuck et.com%2Falbums%2Fg364%2Fkevpen%2Ffeed.rss" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" /><a href="http://photobucket.com/redirect/album?showShareLB=1" target="_blank"><img src="http://pic.photobucket.com/share/icons/embed/btn_geturs.gif" style="border:none;" /></a><a href="http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g364/kevpen/" target="_blank"><img src="http://pic.photobucket.com/share/icons/embed/btn_viewall.gif" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Looks like you are trying to link to the slide show? If so, try using the FLASH tag instead of the QUOTE tag. Not sure that will work, but I know the QUOTE tag won't.

For regular photos, use the IMG tag and be sure you are using a link to the image.
__________________
Scott Friday

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon


The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > Texas Adventure Rider's Assoc.

Notices


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Rights Reserved, Scott Friday 2003-12.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.24263 seconds with 11 queries