• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Paul at Zabor's

This came across my email today. Happy to hear this.

Hey People,
I bumped into Paul at Hooter's in RR a few weeks ago. He was having lunch with one of his son's. He looked great and seems to be doing well.
Harvey

That is very good news, wow. C'mon Tom, we know it was actually you and you don't want to fess up to having lunch at Hooters ;)

This came across my email today. Happy to hear this.

Hey People,
I bumped into Paul at Hooter's in RR a few weeks ago. He was having lunch with one of his son's. He looked great and seems to be doing well.
Harvey

Received this yesterday. Will post more details when I get them.

Hello all; hope you are all well and sorry to include you in this list if you are not interested. I worked with Paul for the last 8- ½ years of Zabor’s Motorcycle Repair’s existence and feel that I came to know the man about as well as anyone outside his family. He was diagnosed with esophageal cancer late in the year 2013 and closed the shop immediately thereafter. After battling mightily (the only way he knew how to do things) he succumbed last Friday. Arrangements are being handled through Cook-Walden on Anderson Mill Rd. They have an online memorial book; if you care to express your condolences or memories of Paul, I’m sure the family and the motorcycling community would appreciate it. If you would like to be informed of any memorials or get-togethers in his memory, please respond and I will pass on that info as I get it. As always, if there’s anything I can do for any of y’all motorcycle-wise, please contact me at your convenience.
Sincerely

Greg Swantek
AF1 Racing, Inc.

Found this online: http://cook-walden-chapel-of-the-hills.tributes.com/dignitymemorial/obituary/Paul-A.-Zabor-103704010

Age 60, of Austin, passed away on June 24, 2016 at home under the care of Hospice Austin, with his wife by his side. Paul Zabor was self-employed for 31 years as owner and mechanic of Zabor's Motorcycle Repair. Those who knew Paul respected and loved him for his honesty and hard work. He was as tough as they come, a trait he proved time and again throughout his hard battle against cancer. Paul was a devoted son, brother, husband and father, making sure his sons would grow up to be productive, hard working men, with firm handshakes and respect for others.

Paul was preceded in death by his father Robert C. Zabor of Greenwich, Connecticut. Paul is survived by his wife Gwenda Zabor, son Bobby Zabor and wife Lori Zabor of Houston, son Joe Zabor and wife Emma Zabor of Leander, and precious granddaughter Hannah Zabor of Houston. He is also survived by his mother Martha Zabor Kreger of Greenwich, Connecticut, brother David Zabor and wife Susan Zabor, brother Eric Zabor, and many amazing, loving nephews, nieces, in-laws and friends!

Paul was a private man who did not want a memorial service; his family will hold a private celebration with family and close friends. Please share memories with his family at www.cookwaldenchapelofthehills.com.

In lieu of flowers, please honor Paul with a donation to a charity of your choice, or one close to Paul's heart regarding animal welfare, wounded warriors/veterans, or cancer research.

I knew what this was as soon as I saw the notification in my inbox. I'm really sad to hear this. Paul was a unique, no baloney dude. Some people couldn't take it... I really liked it.

RIP Paul, too soon man.

Justin

Back