• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie run XII: Moosehead cafe, Crockett 12-31

masterblaster

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
great seeing everyone, great pie at this location, exceptional really. Did feel a bit lonely as the only KTM there, looked like everyone else went and got a year end BMW as there were many of them.

Had a great time and the weather was awesome.

e5c8c5f37cb42e1c9833cf3ba3c2449d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was great to visit with everyone and the 320 mile round trip was great for this time of year. I hope the "Clear Lake Crew" made it home with better weather than the trip up.

It was great to visit with everyone and the 320 mile round trip was great for this time of year. I hope the "Clear Lake Crew" made it home with better weather than the trip up.

Ralph, it was great seeing and talking with you again. We will need to get a group up to go to the Texas Mile in Victoria in March. Perhaps we can talk Leon into combining this with a Pie Date near Victoria in March, 2017, since the Texas Mile is March 24th - 26th. Fingers crossed.

Great seeing you Ralph. The Harley started right up when we came back out and the trip back was mostly dry until just outside of Livingston where we ran into a steady drizzle. Had just about dried out from the trip up until then. It cleared up by Dayton and was fairly dry the rest of the way back. Surprised my toes weren't webbed as I had water in my boots all day.

Great seeing you Ralph. The Harley started right up when we came back out and the trip back was mostly dry until just outside of Livingston where we ran into a steady drizzle. Had just about dried out from the trip up until then. It cleared up by Dayton and was fairly dry the rest of the way back. Surprised my toes weren't webbed as I had water in my boots all day.

WHAT??? How did I miss you Jay?

WHAT??? How did I miss you Jay?
Well, you know I'm so tiny and hard to spot. :lol2:
We got there just as you were leaving - Michelle said she saw you walking out to the parking lot. Got a late start and it was raining so hard, it was slow going up to Dayton. My bike was acting up and died right as we got there; wouldn't restart. We went in, had lunch and when we came back out, it fired right up. No problems getting back. Went to dinner last night with Karen, Darmie, Rob, and Michelle at Eduardo's. Yeah, they still have the live band on Wednesdays - fortunately, they weren't there last night. About 2:00 am this morning, my stomach went chipolte!

Last edited:
Ralph, it was great seeing and talking with you again. We will need to get a group up to go to the Texas Mile in Victoria in March. Perhaps we can talk Leon into combining this with a Pie Date near Victoria in March, 2017, since the Texas Mile is March 24th - 26th. Fingers crossed.

well there is a pie run that week end, but if you want to suggest a location you need to do it BEFORE I publish the list! :doh:

well there is a pie run that week end, but if you want to suggest a location you need to do it BEFORE I publish the list! :doh:

As a suggestion, may be we can switch March's location with October's. I understand if these have already be assigned, just thinking out of the box. I don't know how many folks might want to go to the Texas Mile and make the pie run on the same weekend.

Last edited:
:tab I really wanted to attend, but we had a family gathering just up the road outside of Elkhart. We drove through town about 10:45am and I spoke with Leon. If you were there, I was driving the silver RAM 1500 crew cab that stopped for a few minutes right where that picture above was taken. We saw a bunch of bikes zooming up FM 2419 toward Palestine after lunch time.

Back