• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fufilling Day

Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
Slover
My Wife Daughter and I spent the morning at Houston's Veterans Memorial Cemetery today as it was volunteer day to
pick up the 75000 wreaths we were part of putting out just before Christmas

It was a pleasure to see the large crowd of both young and old working together

Then I got to spend the afternoon on my ST riding through the countryside and roads I grew up on as I traveled home nice 78 degree January day. Austin & Washington County roads I always enjoy riding as they are the roads I grew up and learned to ride on.

would have preferred the ZRX but there was rain on the way down to Houston last evening so the extra weather protection was nice.

Sounds like a great time, always good to go back to your roots. Thank you for serving at the Veterans Cemetery, your time and care is appreciated.

I didn't know about the wreath program until it made the local news last month. I drove out to DFW National Cemetery to visit my dad's grave, and sure enough, every grave in his section had a wreath.

Thanks for being a volunteer in this program. This coming fall, I'll be making a donation.

I went by the DFW National Cemetary recently as well, to visit my grandfathers grave and noticed the wreaths. I had no idea it was a thing, but I appreciate it and I too plan to donate.

Back