• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #184 - Moto Macro (ENTRY) Due 4/3/17

Deco

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Gage
Submit your ENTRY here to be considered for Assignment #184 Moto Macro

Please do not comment in this thread until a winner has been selected. Comments may be deleted without warning.

Specifics for this assignment:

1) Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, iPad, or even film; all shooters are welcome and encouraged to participate!

2) Post processing is allowed for this assignment.

3 All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.

4) Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between now and midnight/2400, April 3, 2017.

-have fun Kyle.

Last edited:
Re: Photo Assignment #184 - Moto Macro (ENTRY)

IMG_0022.jpg

Re: Photo Assignment #184 - Moto Macro (ENTRY)

8278F540-E4AB-43F2-8480-1A384F9BDF9C_zpscpf4xhjj.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Okay. I think we have a winner.

Doug I like the color and the pattern of the wires and the straight lines of the frame. I think the car in the background is a little distracting.

Jeff: I like the detail and the abstract reflections around the tank. My only critique (very minor) would be that it is slightly off center for such a symmetrical shot.

Rusty: I like the nice and crisp focus (stacking?) and good lighting. Only critique is the the far side mirror does not have a lot of separation from the background.

The winner, by a slim margin on technical merit is: Rusty.

Waiting to see what you have up your sleeve for us.

Thanks, yes, a focus stack. I think it was only two shots though. I thought I'd be clever about the "macro" aspect of the assignment since I had this Matchbox R1200RT-P sitting around. I actually did a close up of a real bike too, but thought I'd veer off course.

I'll figure out something for the next round. A couple of ideas came to me already.

Back