• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

"Hall of Fame" for best ride reports?

Does that mean there will be a "Hall of Shame" section for the terrible ride reports ? ;-)

It would be nice, if for the multi-post reports, you could screen or filter for just the posts that were actually part of the report, so you didn't hafta scroll through bunch of :popcorn: and "can't wait for the rest" and other interjections.

Dunno if that is even possible, but it would make ride report reading really relaxed.

Agree :thumb:

It would be nice, if for the multi-post reports, you could screen or filter for just the posts that were actually part of the report, so you didn't hafta scroll through bunch of :popcorn: and "can't wait for the rest" and other interjections.

Dunno if that is even possible, but it would make ride report reading really relaxed.

That would require either the OP or one of the Mods to go back and edit each post of the ride report to insert a direct link to the next post at the end. Maybe once the HOF is selected that could be done... certainly not going to happen for every RR out there, though.

It may be just me, but I like the banter to a certain extent. Some of it is pointless, but there are some good conversations that I feel sort of add to the story sometimes. I know, I'm strange for thinking this way.... you don't have to tell me.:giveup:

Think of posted RR as stories around the camp fire, The audience participation sometimes help make the story and helps with the back story that may get left out. We are all not blessed with witticisms and quippy remarks. There have been several times I could not post as the phrase would have gotten moderated!;-)

That would require either the OP or one of the Mods to go back and edit each post of the ride report to insert a direct link to the next post at the end. Maybe once the HOF is selected that could be done... certainly not going to happen for every RR out there, though.

:tab Right, that would be a LOT of work...

It may be just me, but I like the banter to a certain extent. Some of it is pointless, but there are some good conversations that I feel sort of add to the story sometimes. I know, I'm strange for thinking this way.... you don't have to tell me.:giveup:

:tab Agreed. I mean, think of all the crazy posts of my BMW upside down where people put the little word balloon over my head and made up comments... :doh:

Oh... and are there no other reports beyond what I already have listed?

We need to plumb the DS report section, I know there are some good ones in there. It would be nice to include both street and DS reports in one list so people get exposed to both.

bumpity bump...

It's been over a year and a half... Any new suggestions?

I'm glad you added Troys current trip to Chile .

Any new reports for consideration?

How about my next one? ;-)

Maybe for the RR Hall of Fame you could rig a short cut to all the ride reports that have (1) a lot of replies and (2) been awarded stars. Just a thought.

Last edited:
How about my next one? ;-)

Maybe for the RR Hall of Fame you could rig a short cut to all the ride reports that have (1) a lot of replies and (2) been awarded stars. Just a thought.

While a neat idea, that is beyond my limited technical skills because it would involve some kind of custom programming. There is no feature built into the forum software for doing it automatically and I don't have time to keep watching for all those kinds of reports.

I know I'm kinda late to the party :mrgreen:, but over on ADV they have the Ride Report De-Crufter. They also have a Picture Once-Inator, but for some odd reason I can't get the linky to work...

May be able to adapt to TWT somehow??

I know I'm kinda late to the party :mrgreen:, but over on ADV they have the Ride Report De-Crufter. They also have a Picture Once-Inator, but for some odd reason I can't get the linky to work...

May be able to adapt to TWT somehow??

Well, I would prefer a filter like that which was not browser specific as people access the forum with many different browser platforms. For ADV, I can see how a filter like that would be a HUGE thing when viewing some of the ride reports because they get so much fluff posting from people reading the reports. Most of the reports here on TWT are not too bad in that regard.

Ride 1, Dallas to Ouray, Co and back. Best part, the rider on the Million Dollar Highway in the CO mountains, great sweepers.

Rode 2, Dallas to Eureak Springs, AR. Best part, E Van Buren (Hwy 62) out of town to local BBQ places for lunch, very tight and twisty and fun.

In fact, more twisty, well paved roads in AR than anywhere I've been.

Larry
VFRrider

I'm glad to see our trip "Four Bikers and a Monkey" made the list (see my signature line for the link). Kuddos :clap: to Squeaky for being diligent with the blog and posting through the two weeks. The rest of us contributed with :photo: and recalling the days events but Becca was the true benefactor.

Since that trip some of us have gone their separate ways but are still a part of the TWT family. Spank was monkeynapped :eek2: and gone for about a year. He resurfaced at a bike night with a photo book from Italy & stories about his adventure. He has been to Cancun, Cozumel, Honduras, Nicaragua as well as other places around the USA. He's got more stamps in his passport then me.

I was bored today and looking for some longer "epic" dirt ride reports in this forum. Sadly that pretty much involves leaving our home state. Such as it is, I am surprised this thread hasn't been updated in 9 years? I found this one, CBAT and a Nomad Ride the Great Divide Part 1. Good little ditty. Also made me order a counter sprocket bolt and washer for my 500 to add to the kit, that would be a show stopper.....and fix several bikes in the group I run with. Good report and improved my macgyverness. Anybody got any others to throw in this greatest hits thread? Surely?

1622133283373.png

I did some more great trips, but my ride report writing got side tracked by raising kids and work as creating the reports was pretty time intensive.

It is strange though. At one time, reports were being posted all the time. Then they just kind of tapered off. I don't know if folks just shifted to places like Facebook and just posting pics without any narrative or if they just stopped doing reports altogether :shrug:

If you happen to find any reports here that have not been included on the list and you think they should be, please post a link here and I will add them to the list.

This is my most recent report,

Fathers and Sons Rocking the Smokies! June 15-22, 2019

Nothing epic or hall of fame, but still a great trip. That was the summer before Covid. As of June 2020 my Dad retired, leaving me working on my own and being on call 24/7/365, so my riding has all but dried up. I can't be more than about 30-40 minutes from home in case I get a call for work. So my rides are just local rides on county roads and such. No more trips for the foreseeable future.

Here are a few slightly older reports,

Riding the San Juan Mountains in SW Colorado 7/29 - 8/3 (2018)

Family trip to Arkansas before Easter for some riding! (2017)

This is as close to a report as I got for a big DS trip with my oldest daughter, Sarah, who was 11 at the time. Rsquared, Jfink, and ToeJam went with us. It was a big loop from the four corners area up toward Salt Lake City through Bryce Canyon, Zion NP, and others before heading back over into Western Colorado. It was a lot of dirt and cool passes.

A Visit to the Geological Wonderlands of Utah and Colorado - Apr 2015

Arizona revisited 2014 - The better late than never ride report

5th Annual Legends of The Fall Montana Maniacs Ride - 09/08/13

I did a second Montana trip in 2017 with Rsquared, his son Mason, and his brother in law Jay, but I guess I never did a ride report for that one :shrug:

I know there have been a LOT of great reports done for the MexTrek trips and some of the BDR rides people have been doing. They just haven't been listed here and I don't always have time to go looking for them myself.

This is my most recent report,

Fathers and Sons Rocking the Smokies! June 15-22, 2019

I thought I had stalked all of your reports. May have missed the Arizona one, going to give that a look see. Love me some Arizona, lived there for a couple years in my Army days and played a lot on my new 94 DR350. My post today was just selfish....needs some more eye candy and stories. Jonesing for a good long ride and other's reports help with the fix.

Maybe it's time for some more epic rides šŸ˜

I am going to sneak to Cloudcroft in a few weeks and have a big epic ride planned later in the year. I will do my part with the reporting Mr. Bruce!!!! :-)

Back