• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

As the Years Roll By

Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
Slover
14 Years and 153,000 Miles here is how she looked in Feb 2000 and today

Attachments

• 2014-08-29 18.46.30 (2).jpg
    2014-08-29 18.46.30 (2).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 238
  • 2014-08-29 18.10.02.jpg
    2014-08-29 18.10.02.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 225
What were the highlights of those 153K?

Well done.:clap:

Taking my daughter for her first motorcycle ride

Lifelong friendships made on both the ZRXOA and TWT sites

Touring through the south and southeast US

Riding through a Hurricane Squall line

Not hitting that Elk Head on and not crashing on the trip through the ditch to avoid them

Surviving that insanely idiotic pass in Arkansas in 04 (2 groups 30 bikes and a stray dog in one pass)

The first Pie Run in Hico (it was cold that day)

Many evenings around the fire in a hotel parking lot in Eureka Springs with friends from all across the US enjoying a few adult beverages and enjoying life(the hotel owner liked us)

Track Days at Road Atlanta and Barbers

The enjoyment of walking out and realizing while there are many other bikes
out there that would be great to own,this one makes me happy every time I ride it

Taking my daughter for her first motorcycle ride

Lifelong friendships made on both the ZRXOA and TWT sites

Touring through the south and southeast US

Riding through a Hurricane Squall line

Not hitting that Elk Head on and not crashing on the trip through the ditch to avoid them

Surviving that insanely idiotic pass in Arkansas in 04 (2 groups 30 bikes and a stray dog in one pass)

The first Pie Run in Hico (it was cold that day)

Many evenings around the fire in a hotel parking lot in Eureka Springs with friends from all across the US enjoying a few adult beverages and enjoying life(the hotel owner liked us)

Track Days at Road Atlanta and Barbers

The enjoyment of walking out and realizing while there are many other bikes
out there that would be great to own,this one makes me happy every time I ride it
I remember being on the hill at Ron's after a fish fry and listening to you leaving....what a fantastic sounding bike as well! :rider: :sun:

Congrats on the mileage!!!!!!!! Did you keep a maintenance logs on it? IE Tires, engine maintenance, chains and sprockets.
I wasn't as lucky as you > crashed avoiding a deer north of the Mcdonald Observatory last year. Ended that trip pronto. But, the bike is back together and in better shape than my 71 year old body. LOL! Just don't heal good with age. ;-)

Nice custom paint job!

Attachments

• budzrx.jpg
    budzrx.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 182
Thanks for the flip Ed, a lifelong friend of mine is a fantastic painter and does custom jobs like this on request as it is not his full time job.

Congrats on the mileage!!!!!!!! Did you keep a maintenance logs on it? IE Tires, engine maintenance, chains and sprockets.
I wasn't as lucky as you > crashed avoiding a deer north of the Mcdonald Observatory last year. Ended that trip pronto. But, the bike is back together and in better shape than my 71 year old body. LOL! Just don't heal good with age. ;-)

I had a log on a laptop that suffered a fatal hard drive crash. I never really thought about recreating it.
Since then logs have been on a tablet in the tool box and the page torn away when its full.

It's been down once back in 05 but it was never out of commission as I rode it back to the motel that afternoon, and back to where we had left the truck the following day.

I had fresh bodywork on it by the end of that week and was riding the following weekend.

Added another 300 miles on it today its over 154,000 now

Back