• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

"Septembers Meet n Greet n Eat...with A Ride on the Side" RR & Pictures

Re: "Septembers Meet n Greet n Eat...with A Ride on the Side" RR & Pictures

Wow! I should have dropped by for dinner!

Good times today grinder'' and company.Wish I had more time, I was just getting warmed up!!

Clutchless you can definitely ride that Husky! You should definitely try to make Roll the Bones this year, you would have a blast! A lot of great riders, great routes and great food!

AFTER EATIN EXCURSION(S)

I'd also like ta send out a BIG THANX to Grinder for steppin up & helpin me with the afternoon ride(s). We had about 17 or 18 folks wanting a tour so a split was needed to keep things manageable. The more dirt oriented riders being led by Grinder... & my group of pavement perusers.

Also a BIG THANX ta Cheez for sweepin up with my group of 12 ? (I think)
You run that big ol bike down some of those bumpy little roads like nuthin!
... & with a car tire on back no less!!

Glad you were there to take the majority of the group on a ride to share some of our great local roads and freeing me up to ride the dirty stuff! See you at Roll the Bones!

MampG027_zpsfdb6ebba.jpg

MampG037_zps4d9a7674.jpg

We had plenty of food thanks to BD and TL. Thanks to all that brought food to cook and all those who assisted and helped clean up. I even cooked some Johnsonville sausage. Hard to not take advantage of a good fire. Two different kinds of chips,brownies,apple and cherry cobbler. We were living high on the hog. Great weather great camp-out made even better by the tasty food. Thanks guys and gals for making this event so wonderful for all of us. Nice to meet all of you and hope to see you at future gatherings. KP

I should have gone, bu with the way my Sunday turned out, It probably would have beena "rider down" post instead of this one.

That was lots of fun for my first m&g. First time hauling tookus down some nasty gravel roads, lol. Thanks to the others for coating me with their dust, but waiting for me at the end, lol. :rider:

Being the consummate procrastinator I'm only a week late with my thanks to Drew for organizing this event. This was my first M&G and was a little shocked :eek2: at the size of the crowd. Looked like a Hico pie run crowd!! Good to see old friends and meet some new ones. Drew I hope your wife is doing better.
The after lunch ride chasing the incomparable Mr2mch was great :rider:. Granmaw needed somebody to challenge her a little,and it didn't need to be me;-). Thanks Rod for showing us some country we had never seen and showing Debra she could ride to her potential.

Being the consummate procrastinator I'm only a week late with my thanks to Drew for organizing this event. This was my first M&G and was a little shocked :eek2: at the size of the crowd. Looked like a Hico pie run crowd!! Good to see old friends and meet some new ones. Drew I hope your wife is doing better.
The after lunch ride chasing the incomparable Mr2mch was great :rider:. Granmaw needed somebody to challenge her a little,and it didn't need to be me;-). Thanks Rod for showing us some country we had never seen and showing Debra she could ride to her potential.

Heck, I thought she was a pro. I was about to wave her around me because I thought I might be slowing her down. :lol2:

Nice meeting the two of you.

The group behind me was a pretty good sizd one for sure... I normally have about 5 or 6 bikes following on larger rides. All yall were great...hangin in there thru my excursion on roads new to me too. Once we worked our way west... The roads took on a bit more "flavor"... Ending up out at Loco Coyote for a last break before headin to la casa.

I think we might hafta plan on at least two groups for after eatin excursions in the future... Mabe a dirty group... And an asfault assemblege...depending on the turnout at any given location. Ill need a willin volunteer of course
(Grinder took charge wonderfully this time) ... Someone whoz familiar with the particular area we're at would b perfect... & a good leader

Yalls thoughts on this???

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

I'm with it Rod- next time I'll plan to lead a group on FMs and RRs and the like and let you lead a County Roads group and Grinder/whomever else with the dirty group. It was a bit unwieldy of a group and the speeds were lower because of it.

Late but here are my pictures of the M@G@E in Cleburne. A few cam ground pictures for those who were not able to make it. Enjoy.
100_3414-001_zpsc360a647.jpg

100_3413-001_zpsbe6a267b.jpg

100_3412-001_zps3962ad9a.jpg

100_3409-001_zpsd04c285f.jpg

100_3408-001_zpse4f23c01.jpg

100_3406-001_zps44983769.jpg

100_3404-001_zps00f66535.jpg

100_3415-001_zpsa4b2cb78.jpg

100_3417-001_zpsf265f419.jpg

100_3418-001_zpsb07da5b0.jpg

100_3419-001_zpsd572c58b.jpg

Back