• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Assignment #141: Tell me your story! (ASSIGNMENT)

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Chesley
I know , in our travels, we come across old abandon buildings just sitting there. Awaiting destruction , either by man or nature. Let's have your picture showing a building just begging to tell you it's story. I've taken many breaks in my travels about the country just sitting or standing near my bike, staring at these buildings and visualizing them alive in their day.

Specifics:

1) Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, or even film; all shooters are welcome and encouraged to participate!

2) Post processing is allowed for this assignment.

3) All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.

4) Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between now and Monday November 3rd, 2014 2400hrs/midnight.

IMG_2575-1-1.jpg

LittleHouse2-19-201012-12-22PM_1024_x_768.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Assignment #141: Tell me your story! [ASSIGNMENT]

This should be a good one.
937e901fbebd3566f3b2c33b2bb4872b.jpg

Kinda has an old hony tonk flavor to it. ;-)

Time to go for a ride with the camera...

DSC00220.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

Some of my Favs!

100_1782.jpg

Bike just not in the pic.

100_1788.jpg

Soon to be gone!
100_1798.jpg

Not gone yet... but you never know when progress is hunting for space!

100_1795.jpg

Still there with a good attitude!

100_1794.jpg

Not an old building but, a great hand laid wall. 5ft tall, 4ft. thick, and goes up around the bend!

100_1792.jpg

camera; Antique Kodak Z740, I think.

photo.jpg

Not looking good for me on this one.....

Shot a day early...
DSC_3264-71-L.jpg

wow Scott, you can't believe the time I've spend visiting these sites in the desert west and just standing/sitting there, trying to visualize the happenings so many years ago. The memories of some just stay with you for miles down the road after you leave there going to the next stop.

the ones that get to me are the small towns where whole blocks are shuttered. Imagining what they were like in the 50's and 60's, the hopes and dreams of those that poured probably their life savings into their business, the hustle & bustle, never thinking life in their town would end up where it is today.

I just noticed this one expires Nov 1st and NOT a day ago. :ponder: I might just be able to play still....

I just noticed this one expires Nov 1st and NOT a day ago. :ponder: I might just be able to play still....

Do it! I was wondering if we were going to shift to the extended date or try to stay on the every other Monday night rotation. We need more entries. I wouldn't want to win only because I made the only submission.
:thumb:

Honestly, I didn't look at a calendar for the ending date on this one. We've tried to keep them ending on Monday nights at midnight to allow for weekend shooting and processing for those late in the game.

No biggie on this one being a Saturday night... We'll just get it back on schedule for future ones. In fact, we've stretched them into almost three weeks sometimes.

I'll go see what I can come up with. I have some ideas. :ponder:

I really had not paid attention to the day when doing the ending part. but easy to extended it if need be. Being retired for the last 5 years really makes me lose track of days and dates, It just don't matter. LOL!
I hear that on the old towns bypassed by the newer roads. Whole blocks deserted. I try to always take the old alternate roads just because I want to see the old stuff.

Lets bump the ending date to our standard Monday/Midnight, ok?

That would be Monday November 3rd Midnight.

This will keep us on schedule allowing a full weekend for participation.

Thumbs up! :thumb:

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Huh, there's a couple of old buildings, one just a few miles from the house and another in the district I patrol. I'll have to remember taking the camera or just use my cell phone I s'pose. If I can remember, that's usually the problem I have is remembering these contests.

mixed thoughts about this one. what say the rabble?
DSC_0011.jpg

:ponder:
IMO which is worth about 3 cents, I think the newspaper look kind of detracts from the shot and it's a bit wide? Closer maybe with a focus on the broken glass as key? I dunno.....

:ponder:
IMO which is worth about 3 cents, I think the newspaper look kind of detracts from the shot and it's a bit wide? Closer maybe with a focus on the broken glass as key? I dunno.....

:lol2: thanks. well, that's what happens trying to shoot handheld in S-mode 15 minutes before sunrise and you end up with a real noisy image. The building wasn't quite as interesting standing there as it is driving by at 50mph. :mrgreen: I think it might be an old service station, but I'm not 100% sure. Somebody put a cheapo screen door on it, which kinda kills much of any interest in it as an image.

I did a quick bike ride yesterday along LA 82 along the coast from Forked Island tio Oak Grove then North to Creole. . Still many places going back to nature since Rita got them started big time. LOL!

Back